Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Never say never, but my Klipsch Heresy III and KG 4 Will stay for sure. maybe Advent Legacy too. ADS L710 - possibly. But I guess you just never know.

I will not sell my Altec A7's, but sold the Khorns ,. A guy ask me how I could I sell Khorns and I told him, since I started building my own speakers nothing else compares. All my speakers are variations of AltecA7's and model 19's with some JBL stuff in the mix.

Big Bozak's

I will never sell my Bozak Symphony's. Because the bass is unbeatable and the treble does not scream at you unless the source calls for it. Big accurate sound, from a whisper to way past painful listening levels.
I have a pair of those wonderful speakers
I'll never sell my speakers, because I built every single one I ever owned.....and they usually look kinda ugly.....nobody wants to buy them......(boo hoo)
It's about the sound!

OHM model I
OHM model C2
OHM model H... thanks to Markus111 the most generous and kind person I've met here on Audiokarma!....a Dream Realized for me.
Cerwin Vega 380SE & 300SE
Cerwin Vega D9
Cerwin Vega PD6 & PD9
Realistic Mach 1

Never Sell......

Edited to credit Markus111 for the OHM H's

Last edited:
I think the Dynaco A40XL will stay. And maybe the CS99a. But not because they're particularly good. I think the Fisher XP10, KLH 17, OLA Advent, Wharfedale W70D, Mach and others will go and not because they're bad.

My Energy 22 Pro. Purchased in 82, still really like them. Beefy bass, great tweeter. Hope they last another 35years.

Hey Folks! I've been listening to some Realistic Nova 9 speakers and have to say they are "Awesome"!!! Big sound! Warm and dynamic.... Totally under the radar.. If you ever come across a pair of these give them a chance...I'd take these over any of the Machs. Since my retirement I have so much more time to spend listening to my vintage speaker collection and have to say these speakers are underrated. After a recap and woofer stiffening they are almost a good as the Optimus 7 speakers. They sound bigger but not quite as wide as the Optimus 7. Retirement is AWESOME. For those who are all ready there you know what I mean. Here is a stock photo which had just sold recently on the bay. P Nova 9.jpg

I also really like Realistic speakers.
I am presently enamored with Realistic Optimus 5B and Optimus 1 speakers.
They are my primary speakers in my living room and bedroom systems, respectively.

I also have a pair of Grafyx SP8s.
They are nice as is, but if you add a set of Realistic Minimus 7s on channel B to fill in a bit in the midrange, they really shine.

I am also a fan of the Bose 601-series II. Very pleasant speakers with a nice balanced sound overall and tight, strong bass.

Living room Mac. Tri-amplified XRT-30`s(totally powered by Mac amplification), Bedroom Mac. XRT 18`s,(also big Mac. amp powered) Sunroom Dahlquist DQ-10`s powered by Mac SS preamp/amp & easily switched to Mac original C 22 tube preamp/MC 30`s, or MC 225, Dynaco Mk III)`s(2 pairs DQ-10`s), but only one pair currently in active use.

I have two sets I will never sell, my Advent 6003's, rarer than hen's teeth and only made for a few months in the late 70's right when Jensen first took over, they simply have tremendous detail and fidelity and are a perfect match for my Pioneer SA-9500ii. Thick teakwood veneer, they look spectacular too, with a wall hugging profile and styling that make them acceptable to the wife. The other set is my AR 2ax's, which are in love with my Motorola three channel tube amp, no set of speakers can do more with less wattage than a decent tube amp coupled with any of the original ARs.

Attachments

• IMG_1717[1].JPG
    IMG_1717[1].JPG
    67 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1722[1].JPG
    IMG_1722[1].JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1715[1].JPG
    IMG_1715[1].JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1457[1].JPG
    IMG_1457[1].JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Never say never and I think we are prone on this site to over reach on speaker reviews of models we own or had. That being said they could currently bury me with the ET's.

Phase Research R's are very special to me and have managed to stay in my rotation after multiple/multiple new arrivals have since moved on.

Attachments

• Eminent-Technology-LFT-8B-151-B.jpg
    Eminent-Technology-LFT-8B-151-B.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Phase_Research_model_R-2.jpg
    Phase_Research_model_R-2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 38
Those Advent 6003s are incredible looking speakers.

They are awesome. It was the first three way Advent, and the midrange they used was a fine Danish made unit. It was also their first attempt at producing a true fine furniture grade speaker, in teak no less. They were designed by the last of the Kloss era team and went into production just as Jensen took over. The Advent crowd thought a three way Advent was a sacrilege, and the Advent buyer's credo is a great speaker at a low price point and these were very expensive, so they didn't sell very well to their regular customers and the rest of the market was chasing heavy rocking and cheaper Pioneer HPMs and Sansui SPs. Jensen discontinued them as "too expensive to produce" a little over a year after they bought Advent. It was all down hill from there for Advent, Jensen went bankrupt after turning Advents into vinyl covered crap, the Kloss-era design team all quit in disgust (two of them went on to found Boston Acoustics) and then it got sold over and over to different Asian companies. These were one of the last of the era of truly fine American made Advent speakers true to Henry Kloss's design concepts and will never be sold.

Last edited:
They are awesome. It was the first three way Advent, and the midrange they used was a fine Danish made unit. It was also their first attempt at producing a true fine furniture grade speaker, in teak no less. They were designed by the last of the Kloss era team and went into production just as Jensen took over. The Advent crowd thought a three way Advent was a sacrilege, and the Advent buyer's credo is a great speaker at a low price point and these were very expensive, so they didn't sell very well to their regular customers and the rest of the market was chasing heavy rocking and cheaper Pioneer HPMs and Sansui SPs. Jensen discontinued them as "too expensive to produce" a little over a year after they bought Advent. It was all down hill from there for Advent, Jensen went bankrupt after turning Advents into vinyl covered crap, the Kloss-era design team all quit in disgust (two of them went on to found Boston Acoustics) and then it got sold over and over to different Asian companies. These were one of the last of the era of truly fine American made Advent speakers true to Henry Kloss's design concepts and will never be sold.
Your story of a great speaker but clashing with the usual price point of the brand is replayed in the KRK Expose E8b monitor. Exceptional speaker from a company which was expected to produce good inexpensive speakers, not exceptional expensive speakers.

OHM model I
OHM model C2
OHM model H... thanks to Markus111 the most generous and kind person I've met here on Audiokarma!....a Dream Realized for me.
Cerwin Vega 380SE & 300SE
Cerwin Vega D9
Cerwin Vega PD6 & PD9
Realistic Mach 1

Never Sell......

Edited to credit Markus111 for the OHM H's
This Forum has the best people and
Markus111 is one of the greatest examples..

NONE of my OHM collection leaves me until I leave Earth !

IMG_20180529_164351941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom