Spec 1 reamp "bi-amping" questions

Ok, so I recently acquired a Pioneer spec 1 preamp, a spec 4 amp.
This is what I would like to do, I have 4 B & W speakers that are 8 ohm. I would like to run those parallel
on the spec 1 preamp a & b terminals. I also have a set of cerwins that are 4ohm that I like to hear once in a while LOUD. so I read the manual from pioneer on Bi amp connection so here's my question.
can I run the left-right speaker wires from the spec four to spec one Pre, connect 4 8 ohm speakers
to A & B on spec one pre amp, and... connect another amp, a mcintosh mc2500 and then connect the 4 ohm
cerwins to the amp? run both amps and all 6 speakers?

or would I have to run all speaker wires directly to the amps?

or what about using my sherwin hp2000 for the other amp, separating from its preamp??

My recommendation would be to connect the (4) 8 ohm speakers to the MC2500 using the COM and 4 ohm taps and power the Cerwin Vegas with the SPEC-4 amplifier. ("A" speaker terminals needed only).

My recommendation would be to connect the (4) 8 ohm speakers to the MC2500 using the COM and 4 ohm taps and power the Cerwin Vegas with the SPEC-4 amplifier. ("A" speaker terminals needed only).
well, i am waiting for the spec 4 to come back from the shop so I did connect the (4) 8 ohm speakers to the taps on the MAC
and the (2) 4 ohm to the amp on my sherwood hp2000 and wow!

Its crazy, 1/4 volume on the preamp is about 50 watts and thats all my ears can handle with all 6 speakers going!

Back
Top Bottom