Spock's Beard

dr*audio

Fish fingers and custard!
I finally got to hear Spock's Beard's latest release, "Feel Euphoria" , their first album without Neil Morse. It is awesome, as good as any of their stuff with Neil. Here's another instance where downloading is a good thing for the musicians. For some reason, Spock's Beard doesn't have any samples available on their website, and I really wasn't sure if I would like the album without Neil. After looking for almost a year, I found a download of the album. After listening to it, I immediately ordered the CD.

Another CD I just ordered is "Gravity" by 4Front. Randy Allar has been playing it on his Fusion show on WCSB and I had to have it. CD Baby has it, this is a really cool site for indie musicians. They have samples you can listen to before you buy. Very friendly!

What is this with the phrase Spock's Beard?

I have some acid jazz cut that starts with this dialogue snip:

"Spock with a beard?"
"I think not."

I got it with Winmx.
Spock's Beard is a great Progressive Rock band. the name refers to an old Star Trek episode, "Mirror, Mirror" where Kirk gets thrown into an alternate universe where everyone in Star Fleet moves up in rank by assasination. In that universe Spock had a beard.

Transatlantic

I recently found a DVD of Transatlantic "Live in Europe" at cduniverse.

A must have for Beard fans!

Ed

Back
Top Bottom