Sponsor info?

rBuckner

Luv 2 Restore
Subscriber
I see the sponsor "badge" on some members posts and set out to find info. I didn't find any! Can someone explain the way it works, what it costs and the benefits outside of the obvious supporting of our much loved AK?

While we're at it, is that the same level at which I see vendor's ads?

Sponsors are not permitted to sell their business wares in Barter Town. Business & Vendor only. They could sell personal items in Barter Town. Very few cases of that occur.

Sponsors have banners on the home page, or pay the equivalent, to sport the Sponsor sash.

I other words Randy you can be a sponsor if you just want to help the site with more funds.

Thanks for the responses, gents!

Is it posted anywhere what the two amounts are? Sponsor and business/vendor that is. If it's not to be posted publicly, I'm fine with a PM. Oops, a Conversation. :D

Thanks for the responses, gents!

Is it posted anywhere what the two amounts are? Sponsor and business/vendor that is. If it's not to be posted publicly, I'm fine with a PM. Oops, a Conversation. :D
Contact Ernie and he'll give you the run down and pricing

Seems to me you need to be as sponsor to start a post in the business/vendor forum?

Then again, I just went over there and hit CREATE THREAD, and the board didn't object. I didn't post up, as I figure the first mod that saw it would slap me up side the head and send me to the corner to think on the error of my ways ...

Last edited:
Seems to me you need to be as sponsor to start a post in the business/vendor forum?

Then again, I just went over there and hit CREATE THREAD, and the board didn't object. I didn't post up, as I figure the first mod that saw it would slap me up side the head and send me to the corner to think on the error of my ways ...
What a clever individual!

I got curious about Sponsorship as well and found this thread. I'm a bit confused because there is an ad in B&V right now (a forum I had not really paid attention to, which is an oversight I intend to rectify!). The ad says the items are also posted in BT.

Sponsors are not permitted to sell their business wares in Barter Town. Business & Vendor only.

:dunno:

I don't really have a problem with it, just curious how all this works.

PS Please send pulled pork.

I think they said you could sell your personal stuff in BT, but if your a business sponsor you couldn't start selling the products that you manufacture of use it for selling items from you business.

I think some individuals donated at a certain level that they then could qualify to have a sponsor banner under their avatar. Honestly I don't know why, if you want to help out the site, and your not a business you can donate any amount you wish and not fly a banner. What good the banner does, I really couldn't tell you. Probably the majority of members who donate keep it anonymous, but no matter what your choice donating to worthy causes is a noble thing.

I think they said you could sell your personal stuff in BT, but if your a business sponsor you couldn't start selling the products that you manufacture of use it for selling items from you business.

I think some individuals donated at a certain level that they then could qualify to have a sponsor banner under their avatar. Honestly I don't know why, if you want to help out the site, and your not a business you can donate any amount you wish and not fly a banner. What good the banner does, I really couldn't tell you. Probably the majority of members who donate keep it anonymous, but no matter what your choice donating to worthy causes is a noble thing.
Sponsorship cost 24 x as much a year as a sub give or take but you get more than a sub on some little perks. As really you can sell and promote your business all overn not just the vender section, that's what the flashing banners are, business names and websites posted in signatures. You can also talk about your products for sale in threads as your not a spammer if your a sponsor.

I think Tox is talking about my listing in the vendor section, yeah those are personal things I sell in BT. I can post in the vender section as well, and really all I did it for was to entice non subs to subscribe. That was the mention that the same things are being sold in BT for cheaper. Ernie and Dave don't have a problem with me trying to promote subscriptions.

On a side note, I have never sold anything out of the vendor section, some have asked about stuff.

Back
Top Bottom