Spotify Question

What “list” are you playing from? If you playing your liked list then that’s all you’ll get.

Old school metal.

I opened a different list then went back to that one when this happened. I figured out I had to scroll through and start it again where it left off yesterday. How many songs does it save as played ?

If you are playing “curated” lists they will always play in order unless you mash the shuffle button

So are all spotify made lists curated ? If so I guess it doesn't matter if you like something as far as what it plays next, it's playing from a pre made list ?

So are all spotify made lists curated ? If so I guess it doesn't matter if you like something as far as what it plays next, it's playing from a pre made list ?

I believe so. But you will be building your liked list you can play from plus the recommendations it does for you will get better over time. I have been doing this for a couple years and my daily recommendations are spot on with a bunch of new stuff mixed in.

Edit: Also if you use the pull down menu (upper left) you can add the song to any of the playlists you are building. It automatically builds you a “liked from radio” playlist

Last edited:
This is over thought, lol. Kind of disappointing and overly confusing.

That’s to bad, I find the services pretty easy to navigate and use, but I have been using different ones for a couple of years

I like albums and would rather like a complete lp instead of just the one song. Don't really want to hear the same tune again.

Not real sure what you're expecting. Are you saying you want it to load a list of entire albums from different artists?

Not real sure what you're expecting. Are you saying you want it to load a list of entire albums from different artists?

I want it to play what I want/list and expand from this list similar with stuff I don't have listed.

Yesterday I deleted again then went through and liked full albums. Lots of full albums. It then made its third daily playlist for me and included a lot of things on it's own. I think I'm getting somewhere.

I want it to play what I want/list and expand from this list similar with stuff I don't have listed.

Yesterday I deleted again then went through and liked full albums. Lots of full albums. It then made its third daily playlist for me and included a lot of things on it's own. I think I'm getting somewhere.

When I first started with the the different streaming services I spent a lot of time just playing and learning them. Your on the right track!

It seems to be going deaper on cuts and expanding. I have over 175 complete albums liked for it to work from (went into each bands discography, opened each lp I liked and hearted that).

In my library I have nothing now but albums. So it might play anything from ac/dc to van halen or overkill to testament. lol

Daily Mix is made just from songs you have already listened to.
Discover Weekly is new (to you) songs that are recommended, based on what you have listened to, liked, made playlists of, etc.

I never use Daily Mix. My favorite way to find new music is the "play Radio" feature, based on a playlist. As mentioned above, you can go to a song, album, or playlist, and tap the three dots. In there is the option to Play Radio based on this song, album, or playlist.

For some reason, this is not available on the desktop version, only the mobile.

Well...yeah. lol

You threw me a curve when you said you did not want it to play individual songs. Anyway, looks like you're getting the hang of things. FWIW, don't expect miracles overnight. Honing your streaming service takes some diligence and time. Weeks, months... But it's well worth it.

Here's one feature thats unique to Spotify. Under Playback settings, toggle Auto Play on. This keeps music constantly in your que based upon the previous tracks. i.e. Load a favorite playlist/daily mix, etc. When that list ends Auto Play will kick in and load similar tunes. Discover and like from there.:)

And lastly, there's also the joy and convenience of playing full albums whenever the mood strikes. :)

Last edited:
Daily Mix is made just from songs you have already listened to.
Discover Weekly is new (to you) songs that are recommended, based on what you have listened to, liked, made playlists of, etc.

I never use Daily Mix. My favorite way to find new music is the "play Radio" feature, based on a playlist. As mentioned above, you can go to a song, album, or playlist, and tap the three dots. In there is the option to Play Radio based on this song, album, or playlist.

For some reason, this is not available on the desktop version, only the mobile.

Seems the ratio seems about (liked/new) 75/25 on the Daily Mix and 50/50 on Discover Weekly at a glance. I'm going to try the radio thing and see what that does.

I also just go into a genre and pick a playlist or sub-genre that’s peaks my interest. I find a lot of new stuff that way.
2BBCFC24-BDE7-4131-87F8-2C54FD499818.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom