Spotify Question

Seems the ratio seems about (liked/new) 75/25 on the Daily Mix and 50/50 on Discover Weekly at a glance. I'm going to try the radio thing and see what that does.

I think you are right about Daily Mix. I didn't realize they added some recommendations to that as well. Here's some info on it.
My experience with Discover Weekly though is that it seems like all stuff I haven't actually listened to on Spotify.

I really like the Radio feature, especially using it based on a playlist. You can make a pretty musically diverse playlist and get a diverse radio.

Another thing I did, was make a playlist called "Liked from Radio," and then when I hear a song I like, I add it to that playlist. That in turn becomes a good playlist to start a radio play from!

Another thing I did, was make a playlist called "Liked from Radio,"

I have about 2000 songs that has some of everything. This is the go to for party background music, just hit shuffle. Way easier than the party mix RTR’s I did in HS. :beatnik:

I'm not getting the radio option.

Are you on Android, or Apple? I was reading about the Radio option disappearing for some users. There are a bunch of threads about it on the Spotify site.

On Android, here's how to do it. Select a playlist. On the top left corner is the three dots. Hit that and a menu should appear. Scroll down that to "Go to Playlist Radio." You can also do this from a song or an album.

Did you do that and not see the Radio option? Maybe try reinstalling Spotify?

Edit: meant to say top right for the 3 dots...

Last edited:
My three dots are top right on Android. Here's what it gives me.

View attachment 1431098

Oops. Meant to say top Right.
Anyway, yours looks different than mine. Have you updated the Spotify app recently? Do you know what Android version you're running? May be an older version of Spotify.
Here's mine, scrolled down in the menu after hitting the 3 dots.

Screenshot_2019-02-24-18-19-07.png

My guess is you are using the free ad supported tier. It's feature set is very limited compared to the Premium tier.

I am using the free version. Looks like iOS gives you some access for playlists. I switched to paying for Tidal last year.

Yep, free version. Took me this long to decide to up my phone to stream. lol
Ok. Load up a library and Give it a good run around the block. Then 30 day free trial the paid version to see what yer missing. Free might be all you need or care to have.

Old school metal.

What you can also do (what I do) is make a playlist with all your favorite old school metal. Then from that you can start a Playlist Radio station based on that music.

The more you keep on jammin, the more Spotify will reccomend music for you (Discover Weekly, Top Reccomendations, artist recommendations based on other artists you've played) etc. etc. etc.

The more you use it, the better it gets

I'm trying to figure out how to get it to make another daily mix of the rock albums I've liked, seems the one I have now is just playing the metal stuff and the second daily mix it's offered so far is also metal.

I'm trying listening to their 80's rock playlist to see if it starts adding that to my lists.

Why do they have videos on the phone app ? To eat up data and wreck your car ?

Back
Top Bottom