Spotify to support Google Cast soon?

No reason it can't connect to your system. Will probably have a 1/8" jack, just need an RCA adapter.

So it is made to stream to crappy computer speakers? I realize there are good powered speakers, but most of us don't have those.
As the article said, there aren't a lot of details at this point other than their will be an audio only version. I would wait for it to actually be announce before complaining. However, the article says:

"As seen in the image we published earlier today, this device can plug*directly into any speaker by way of 3.5 mm headphone cable, and it appears Google might plan to include one with the device."

I bet they will have an 3.5mm to RCA stereo plug cable in the package, as well (it is typical of these type of devices from my experience).

I am curious to see if it will have a digital output. I don't plan on buying one since I don't have any place to put it, but I do find the concept interesting because of the low price point of the original Chromecast.

Any chance Google will release an update for the ChromecastAudio that will pause the music when a phone call comes through? That is a feature of the Phorus PR1 I was using before the CCA came out... nice feature to have.

According to http://www.androidcentral.com/googles-deal-spotify-start-unfortunate-new-chapter the Audio-only version of Chromecast will not be allowed to be used with Spotify's free tier, only with a Premium subscription. The video CC will work with the free tier, however. Sounds like there's still a use for JoyDrone and other HDMI DACs, then...
The other advantage is that the video version can be seen by more apps, which could make it a bit more useful. I looked for an app similar to Airfoil ( for AirPlay), so that I could send any audio to it from my computer and the app ( which is very limited) can't see the audio version. It did work with the video version, though.

If anyone knows an easier option for Chromecast with more features to do something similar let me know. Here is a link to the app I have tried ( I think it is Mac only, but if there is something better for Windows, I am interested in that, too):

https://github.com/andresgottlieb/soundcast

Back
Top Bottom