Spotify Users -- Tinker With The Algorithm

Discussion in 'Streaming Services' started by +48V, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

Arielle Vaniderstine, a developer advocate engineer at Spotify, has made a new tool available called Nelson that puts the streaming service’s curation controls in your hands. Link up your Spotify Premium account and you can toggle the sliders for the various possible music traits to get a playlist immediately generated in your browser or Spotify client.

[​IMG]

Interesting personal hack/concept by this Spotify engineer. I am however having some unknown issue getting to work in my environment. Genre selection is blank on the overlay window. :(
    Firefox/Chrome/IE = No Love ???

Source Code @glitch

Would be interested in other's experience getting it to work.

dutchtowner likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. chicks

chicks Lunatic Member

Odd. Chrome is the gold standard for browsers, surely it was developed with Chrome.

3. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

Indeed. It works/worked as there are numerous "reviews/reports" of it's "shits & gigglyness". Odd. I'll await others weighing in.

Here's what I get when trying to select genres.
    [​IMG]

Same "emptiness" occurs when trying to "select" having it generate within the browser or device. There's simply no device selection to choose from.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

so -- if you don't select a tempo, does that mean you get John Cage's As Slow as Possible or what...?

+48V likes this.
  5. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

Well, it works on my Android Tab. Still no clue why it shits the bed on the PC.

Anyway, Nelson is indeed a platform work in progress. Got some very "fascinating" and WTF playlists just monkeying around. Maybe the next best step is to read the what-nots of all those uber granular sliders. :confused: