Square IRS SEMIT's vs Kappa 9 SEMIT's?

Infinity!

Hey guys! Okay I have a simple question here. Are the diaphragms of the square IRS SEMIT's the same as the circle SEMIT's in Kappa 9's!? Obviously the metal faceplate is different, but how about the actual diaphragms? Are they interchangeable? Thanks!

Some extra info according to the technical sheets:

The IRS SEMIT's part #: 902-3465

The Kappa 9 SEMIT's part #: 902-2645 and 902-2645B

I can't guarantee 100%, but I'd say it's a pretty good bet. The EMIT diaphragms are the same between circle and square drivers of similar vintage, and it's unlikely that Infinity would have engineered an entirely new driver for a few low production models (AFAIK, the Beta, Gamma and Delta are the only models that use the square SEMIT) when they already had a perfectly good one from the K9 that would do the job. If a faceplate swap is easier than a diaphgragm swap, I don't see any reason to do the latter, since the rest of the driver should be the same.

The driver is also equivalent (again, with different faceplate) to the EMIT found in some (but not all) RS4000s.

Last edited:
I can't guarantee 100%, but I'd say it's a pretty good bet. The EMIT diaphragms are the same between circle and square drivers of similar vintage, and it's unlikely that Infinity would have engineered an entirely new driver for a few low production models (AFAIK, the Beta, Gamma and Delta are the only models that use the square SEMIT) when they already had a perfectly good one from the K9 that would do the job. If a faceplate swap is easier than a diaphgragm swap, I don't see any reason to do the latter, since the rest of the driver should be the same.

The driver is also equivalent (again, with different faceplate) to the EMIT found in some (but not all) RS4000s.

Oh okay, thanks man! I'll definitely be on the lookout! :)

The sEMIT and EMIT are totally different animals--I have two of each in front of me right now. That being said, the majority of them are different model numbers, just based on the faceplate. The exception being the long rectangular EMITs used in some older models. Otherwise, the driver structure is the same, only the faceplate differs and is easily swapped out.

Back
Top Bottom