Squier Bass For Granddaughter

give us a buzz for amp opinions.. :D

Not sure if I quite follow you. Can you please elaborate.

Nice looking bass. Hope she gets a lot of enjoyment out of it. Do we have another Tal in the making?

Well, maybe. She is quite talented at playing percussion. She made all county and all state band last year as a 7th grader. I'm sure that she will be able to play the bass very well also.

I told her that we're going to start a band. I have a couple acoustic guitars and a banjo. Might call it Old-N-Young but I'm gonna have to rely on her to carry me. I thought about Beatles but I'm pretty sure that's already been taken.

I made my order just awhile ago from Spotlight Music. I went with a silver Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar SS.

The reason that I went with Spotlight is because they open the box up and they do a "professional setup" and it was in stock. I talked to one their guys on the phone and he went through a list of things that they check and do. They offered 10% off of their regular price. Guitar Center has a 15% off but they just give you the guitar as is unless you pay extra for a setup.

Spotlight Music also has an A+ rating on BBB.

squier-jaguar-bass-short-scale-silver-1.jpg

Excellent choice - great bass!

Buzz=.. like post us for a bass amp opinion. :D Doesn't need to be loud just accurate.

I gotcha. :thumbsup: I thought that was what you meant but wasn't for sure.

If any of you have amp suggestions they would be more than welcome. I might be able to talk her dad into buying her one for Christmas. If not maybe I can come back to this thread before next Christmas to look at the suggestions and get her one. I don't know if a bass amp would work well with a regular guitar but if some of them will they might be the ones that I would be most interested in. I've got an idea that this won't stop at the bass guitar.

I gotcha. :thumbsup: I thought that was what you meant but wasn't for sure.

If any of you have amp suggestions they would be more than welcome. I might be able to talk her dad into buying her one for Christmas. If not maybe I can come back to this thread before next Christmas to look at the suggestions and get her one. I don't know if a bass amp would work well with a regular guitar but if some of them will they might be the ones that I would be most interested in. I've got an idea that this won't stop at the bass guitar.

Just about any starter combo amp from a recognized manufacturer would probably be OK (Ampeg, Fender, etc). Just make sure it has a headphone jack for silent practice. Price point should be between 100 and 150.00.

Example:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/bas...profileCountryCode=US&profileCurrencyCode=USD

Another option is to get a headphone amp. These little things are amazing and let's you sit in the couch or in front of the TV and noodle away without bothering anyone. They work really well.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/vox-amplug-2-bass-headphone-amp

Back
Top Bottom