Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Vintage Modified Jazzmaster

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Vintage Modified Tele Special w/ Jazzmaster neck pup and neck

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
I haven't played it yet.

:p

Only planned upgrades are the neck pickup and saddles. And a full setup, of course.

So I had a chance to play it for an hour or so. I haven't tweaked the setup at all.

The guitar I've been playing lately has 11 gauge flatwound so in comparison, these 9 gauge round wounds are... well... they feel like toys.

I'll do the typical new guitar stuff over the weekend if I have time but for the offensively small of $$$ I have in the guitar, it's pretty decent.

I know us old(er) timers say it all the time, but I wish I had something this nice when I started out.

:D

Picked this up when I was 19 or so in about 1990, I’m more of a bass player, but a real good, old friend. Her name is Whitey. Still plays well, could use a bit of love. Totally recommend them, but a rarer piece.

Attachments

• 31E29E03-A097-4DAB-8B21-00F53D0AEAC9.jpeg
    31E29E03-A097-4DAB-8B21-00F53D0AEAC9.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
  • D7A0E970-D911-4315-A989-4F6D3B907E83.png
    D7A0E970-D911-4315-A989-4F6D3B907E83.png
    292 KB · Views: 16
It looks like the neck has been shimmed. The body appears to be full thickness but hard to tell for sure. BTW. Bullet bodies are full thickness but Affinities are not.

Do you play left handed? That's a lefty guitar.

I'd pass on that one unless you really like the body. You can do better than that on a used Squier and a new Bullet can be had for about $130.

Picked this up when I was 19 or so in about 1990, I’m more of a bass player, but a real good, old friend. Her name is Whitey. Still plays well, could use a bit of love. Totally recommend them, but a rarer piece.

Those late '80s early '90s Korean Squiers are pretty nice. The necks are fantastic on them.

EDIT: I just noticed that yours is made in USA. Yours is an '89 made in Corona California. Somewhat rare.

Here's one of Korean Squiers.

002.JPG

Last edited:
Might just be the angle of the picture, but the neck heel looks to be too wide. If not, I'd replace the neck anyway due to the logo.

If the body is full sized(Affinity and Bullet models aren't) $100 is a decent price.

It looks like the neck has been shimmed. The body appears to be full thickness but hard to tell for sure. BTW. Bullet bodies are full thickness but Affinities are not.

Do you play left handed? That's a lefty guitar.

I'd pass on that one unless you really like the body. You can do better than that on a used Squier and a new Bullet can be had for about $130.

I noticed it was a lefty strung righty, was curious because of the Made in USA on the neck.

Ah, I didn't notice that it is strung right handed.

I don't know about the neck. Maybe made in USA but not Fender.

Everything is original, pulled the plastic off the pick guard myself. Look into them, neck plays like a strat, pickups not quite as good.

A good lookin' one there.

What do you guys think about this one ? Warning, R rated material.

View attachment 1687184
View attachment 1687185

Everything is original, pulled the plastic off the pick guard myself. Look into them, neck plays like a strat, pickups not quite as good.

What do you mean original? Pretty sure the neck doesn't go with the body unless it is something other than a Fender/squire altogether. I'm not sure what indicates what brand it is. That's not a fender serial number on the neck and Fender didn't put them in that place.

I am curious about it though. Some more info and pics would help.

EDIT: Ignore this post. I got my replies goofed up and this has nothing to do with anything. :confused:

Last edited:
What do you mean original? Pretty sure the neck doesn't go with the body unless it is something other than a Fender/squire altogether. I'm not sure what indicates what brand it is. That's not a fender serial number on the neck and Fender didn't put them in that place.

I might go by there this weekend. If it's still there I'll get more pics.

I thought he was referring to his previous post:

LPB w/ a lotta twinkle to it. Nice!

This one and my Aubergine (dark brown) are two of my favorite Teles. Along with my old Butterscotch Blonde one. :)

telecaster - lake placid blue.jpg

Telecaster%2099%20MIM%20-%20ampeg%20small1_zpsfhrege5m.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

This one and my Aubergine (dark brown) are two of my favorite Teles. Along with my old Butterscotch Blonde one. :)

View attachment 1689485

Telecaster%2099%20MIM%20-%20ampeg%20small1_zpsfhrege5m.jpg

View attachment 1689486

Some cool amps, look old though these days w/ "relic reissues" n the like ya never know for sure, but pretty safe bet the Ampeg in blue-check tolex is a genuine '60s relic... Rocket or Reverb-o-Rocket model? Also seein' an old Fender (outboard) Reverb tank atop the brown Pro (single 15"?)?

Back
Top Bottom