Sr 7000 g

backinthelou

Hi gang,
I have a guy offering me a Marantz SR 7000 G for a small sum, but I cannot find out any info on it. He said the back reads 250 watts, but I haven't seen it in person. It has some led's on the face, but I cannot tell what they are for. There is virtually no info on this piece. Any of you gurus have a clue about this thing? Is it worth a 25 mile drive?

Is it the surround receiver from about 10 years ago? If so, I've had one since new and have been happy with it. I don't know about the "G" designation, though. Make sure the remote works, I think you need it for setup and I don't think it would be cheap to replace.
Any chance of a picture?

Thanks for the reply, but no it is actually a silver face with wood case that I suspect is from the late 70's.

Sorry, I can't help then. I was thinking maybe there was a gold faced model or something. The later models don't get as much respect as the 22xx series and what have you. But I don't know that model, so hopefully somebody does and will chime in.

I have a 2230 and absolutely love it. I'd like to give the SR7000G a shot, but don't want to drive 50 miles round trip if it isn't worth it.

I wouldn't make the drive for it, although it's a decent sounding receiver. I had one and later gave it to a friend. I prefer the sound and construction of the earlier 22XX models. The SR-7000 G is a product of the early (1982) Philips acquisition of Marantz. The face is champagne and the case is vinyl-wrapped.

http://www.vintage-audio.com.ua/en/cat/334/1644.html?begin=21

http://www.wjaudio.com/bbs/view.php...d=&PHPSESSID=e3d8d7420d89f034188d76fc5b32685d

Thanks for the help. I told the guy that if I am up around his area anytime soon, I would call him.

Hi gang,
I have a guy offering me a Marantz SR 7000 G for a small sum, but I cannot find out any info on it. He said the back reads 250 watts, but I haven't seen it in person. It has some led's on the face, but I cannot tell what they are for. There is virtually no info on this piece. Any of you gurus have a clue about this thing? Is it worth a 25 mile drive?

The 250 watts on the back thing is the power consumption, now how many watts it outputs to the speakers, fyi. :)

I saw a Marantz SR 7000G today, in generally poor condition. I suspect I could bring it home for about fifty dollars. Maybe less.

If I'm reading the second link, above, correctly, the Japanese web site is claiming 100 watts into 8 ohms. Another source claims 110 w/c/8.

Judging by the interior pictures, I'd have guessed 25--50 watts per channel. But what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom