SR-838 Info needed

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
For those of you who dont know i picked up an SR-838 TT. By chance does anyone have any Op manual or possibly a brochure I can get copies of. Thanks

Grumpy

BF

That would be it ! Any chance of getting a copy or a scan. I will gladly pay ya for it. :)

Grumpy

Hi Grumpy:

Well, as you mightve noticed, I am starting to use the scanner more, still practicing with it- various resolution settings and all. I'm in the process of going through all my brochures, catalogs, magazines etc, organizing it all- will try and get that Info in some kind of computerized database to make it much easier to find particular info. Then perhaps scan things and put on discs. All that is going to take some time & effort. For now, I just do it the 'ol xerox copy way which I dont mind for anyone who might need Info on a particular model and can compensate copy/postage cost/time factor. The few bucks that come from that isnt enough for a vacation ticket to Hawaii or anything but offsets some of the cost for the stuff I buy on Ebay- such as another Sansui catalog I see on there now and have a feeling is going to cost some $$ when that aucton ends and I also might be getting a Tektronix scope which definitely will cost some $$. B/F.

Hi BF;

"Tektronix scope which definitely will cost some $$"

Not sure what model your looking into but Tek scopes are a bargain at whatever price you can get them for.

I worked for around 9 years as a field service engineer servicing mini-computer systems in the 70s. Tek scopes were the ONLY brand that we would even consider. I recall a model 465 that I carried in the front trunk of a VW beatle in all weather for an average of 700 miles a week. On out of town calls where I would have to fly I would check the scope as baggage, not speacial packing container, just as you would normally carry it around ( it was company property not my personal property ;-). I once saw it doing cart wheels coming down the conveyer belt. Never once had a problem with it.

The scope probes were the only thing we would have problems with. Fragile and expensive. Try and get functioning probes with any scope you buy. A 2 channel scope is the mimumum I would recommend. You don't need real high bandwidth for audio applications. 20 Mhz is more then enough.

A scope is a very valuable peice of test equipment but is a rather basic gear that requires a good understanding of electronics to get the most out of it.

Lefty

Hi Lefty:

There are a few on Ebay now that I'm interested in, one of which is a 2445. Might be even be more than what I need but if the price is right when the auction-end approaches, I just might make a move. I'm corresponding with someone who's very knowledgeable on Scopes and is also a Sansui enthusiast- he gave me a list of a few Tektronix models he thought were particularly well made. And of course, if I do bid on one, it will be one that has the probes included. The Manual also- although if its a 2445, the person I mentioned, has one that he said he would send a copy of to me. I have an AAS in E.T. and a Bachelor's in E.E.- so knowing how to use one shouldnt be a thing where I am totally out of my element on:)

Is that a book or a catalog? My German is slowly slipping away as I haven't used it since I was in the service. Then I only used it too get the women to sit on my lap and follow me around the various towns in a joint alcohol induced bob and weave :beerchug:
Ein Bier, Ein Schnitzel?

It certainly is more than I wanted to pay- Thanks to that friggin' last second bidder (7:30 am is way too early for me on a Sunday morning to monitor the end of an auction) . The Euro curency and its commas threw me off, I think I typed in an extra zero and 50 accidentally became 500- so I won the bid but its gonna cost me.

I know some German, my parents are from Europe so they are fluent, but technical-written German would be much more difficult for me to understand unless I spent some time studying/practicing.

Sigh..... Oh well, I am prepared to pay nonetheless- I emailed the Seller before to make the payment arrangements. If I Wire the money over, thats another $25 to tack on that the bank charges- I better round up some people who need copies of stuff:)

Back
Top Bottom