Stadium/Ball Park Mustards

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am a mustard freak. Right now I am preparing an order for stadium/ballpark mustards the real ones. This is what is in this first order surely there are others?
A3F1DF48-8F71-4AD6-8CE0-D9D3B563DD74.jpeg

2C518794-CAA5-4FA0-B4DA-C5B6A12D4C3A.png

Last edited:
It would seem that Davis Food Company‘s "Stadium Mustard" is used in 150 ball parks. And The Bertman's is used in Cleveland area Stadiums. There is bad blood between Bertman's and Davis Food Company, Bertman's being the "parent" company. Joe Dwoskin was the main sales rep for Bertman's. Davis Food Company partnered with Joe in 1969 and came out with "Stadium Mustard" and started retailing it in grocery stores. From there Davis Food Company branched out and signed contracts with sports stadiums across the country. I always though that long standing ball parks had their own distinctive mustard's.

Well I thought that each of the older stadiums would have a unique mustard turns out that is not the case it is the hotdog that is different and the way the hotdog is prepared. Steamed, simmered, grilled often times a combination. With the hotdog finished on a grill.

I believe it is Guildens Brown at Fenway.

Fenway has their own hotdog
FEN_14oz_1109_BFFranks_300Large-1095px-475x362.png

I could not find anything about the mustard's used. The Stadium Mustard was reported to supply 150 ballparks. I was hoping for more feed back. If the hotdog used is so important it follows the mustard would be as well. I am always looking for a new mustard to try.

Last edited:
I was refering to the mustard.

The Fenway Frank we know today is not an exceptional hotdog. Nor was the earlier version made by Colonial. They are of a place. They are a part of the Fenway experience; for me anyway. I do not care for an all beef hot dog typically.

This may be a link you've not seen, regarding MLB & hot dogs.

https://www.hot-dog.org/culture/mlb-hot-dog-sausage-guide

I was under the impression was there was a special brand of Mustard at some of the older ballparks. If there was that seems to be long gone.
Your link on stadium hotdog is one I was looking at. I was reading about the controversy over the switch from Colonial. For natural casing hotdogs I like Sabrett, and Hofmann's. But my local favorite is the plain old Bar-S brand hotdog.

I like the Kayem Pork and Beef for the steamer we use watching football. I just like hot dogs. Most are good, some are great.

I have a local fave. But will stick to the Baseball theme.

Hey:
The mustard I like is the Ba-Tampte brand mustard found in Shop Rite stores and others in the NJ , NY metro areas.
I also like the mustard that Katz's Deli on Delancy St in lower Manhattan sells with their Hot dogs and salamis. I used to just buy the mustard in pint ? containers when I went shopping on Orchard St. WOW brings back memories !
Ed

Standard blend hot dog, Frenches yellow. Heavier denser dog, stone ground German type horseradish blend Lowensenf.

Back
Top Bottom