Standard Radio SR-1600 - Marantz - Info Appreciated

RogueRadio

So I've fallen in love with a strange receiver I can't seem to find any tangible info on. She's a keeper. Warm, rich, almost tube like sound. Haven't gotten her naked yet. I've been having too much fun listening to her...could be the first time I ever said that.

Anyway, I've included some photos and I'm hoping I can get some insight from the wise and grizzled vets who know. Looks a lot like, and dare I say it sounds a lot like a Marantz.

I have a basic, limited understanding of the history between Standard Radio and Marantz. I also know people who tout Superscope as a poor mans Marantz...but I think that's a stretch. I hate to say it, as I feel a bit ridiculous, but this really sounds "Marantz like." And well...look at her. Again, I'd really appreciate any and all info.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7400.jpg
    IMG_7400.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7402.jpg
    IMG_7402.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7354.jpg
    IMG_7354.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 77
I too have been interested in the Standard Radio/Marantz relationship history but there just isn't that much info out there on it
Most ,if not all ,of the individuals with direct knowledge have passed.

Bob

I have both a Marantz 22 and a Standard Radio SR-1500s. They appear very similar inside - parts, PCB and organization. Sound wise also very similar. Unable to locate any schematics for the 1500s but the Marantz info has been useful for repair.

So I've fallen in love with a strange receiver I can't seem to find any tangible info on. She's a keeper. Warm, rich, almost tube like sound. Haven't gotten her naked yet. I've been having too much fun listening to her...could be the first time I ever said that.

Anyway, I've included some photos and I'm hoping I can get some insight from the wise and grizzled vets who know. Looks a lot like, and dare I say it sounds a lot like a Marantz.

I have a basic, limited understanding of the history between Standard Radio and Marantz. I also know people who tout Superscope as a poor mans Marantz...but I think that's a stretch. I hate to say it, as I feel a bit ridiculous, but this really sounds "Marantz like." And well...look at her. Again, I'd really appreciate any and all info.

Thank you!

It is NOT a Marantz receiver. This was built by Standard Radio before they became Marantz Japan and built Marantz equipment made in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom