Standout rooms at the Fest

Another for me was Brian B's. (Venus HiFi AK Forum) Manley Stingray powering a really wonderful pair of FJ OM speakers from Germany. The sound from these speakers was just plain stunning--full spectrum, and more than very capable!
Yes, Venus Hi-Fi's gear was one of the most enjoyable vendor set-ups I heard. Brian was gracious enough to stay "open late", so I got to spend some quality time with the system. Excellent gear, amazing sound for the size, very surprising.

hey fellas, how was that lil fostex rig?? What was the price?
If you're referring to the Madisound room, I think they were BK-16's? Quite good, easily the best of what they were auditioning. One of the best values at the show IMO between footprint, output, and price. Less than $800 for the pair in kit form, IIRC. Very impressive little speakers.

The best fully DIY speakers that I heard were RayW's Transmission lines. Fantastic! :music:

I too was very impressed with the Hawthorn speakers. At first glance I saw very basic plywood speakers that reminded me of on of my first DIY projects. I could not believe the sound that came out of these little basic rectangles.

Back
Top Bottom