Stanton 681eee stylus replacement

There is a Stanton 681A model in the 681 series. It has a 0.7 mil spherical tip. 1.5 - 3 gram tracking (black w/silver dot stylus grip). The Stanton # is D6807A.

Thanks. I found the one from Dualparts here. He says it's MPN 822-DEE but the picture doesn't show the 68A label. It's the elliptical version missing from the TVOM stock. I'm leaning towards it.

The other link is where I nicked the first picture from. I had it bookmarked already b/c it looks identical to mine and I was ready to pull the trigger on it, but the seller claims it's for a "Magnetic Cartridge 'Blue'". That's rather confusing.

What do you think?

If you are after a conical “A” you might try seller “Rivertone.” He’s got great stuff, but 99% of his stock is conical. Really good conical stuff though.

Where does one find that Rivertone seller, Joseph? I searched for "needle" on the auction site with only that seller name, and got zero results.

From what I can find, Stanton only used that A suffix on a few conical/spherical needles, so it is interesting that @tnsilver found that D68A conical preferable to a Pfanny 4822-DEE (of some version) elliptical.
Of course, the VTF of the Pfanny might not have been optimum and alignment of ellipticals is trickier. But it does seem to be a testimonial for how good a conical can sound. A good reminder!

I’m guessing the later .3 x .7 D65-2 is the blue stylus emulated with this 680 shape and elliptical tip. Pretty sure I bought ceitron’s and got what you want.
The blue D65-2 stylus is for the private-label "Studio EEE" cartridge. It is pretty much equivalent to what later became the 681EEE MkIII.

Back
Top Bottom