Stereo HT - Soundbar/base vs bookshelf vs vintage?

be real careful with any subwoofer. there's a threshold of sound pressure that exceeds the
normal output of the bookshelves then it begins to couple with the floors and movies
are notorious for having sound volumes vary by 10-25dbs and during a typical action scene
then
your neighbors hear and feel it.

if there's a WAF I'd suggest a really great set of headphones. then you get everything
except the body/teeth rattling bass.

On my Sony TV, it has volume compression, so it somewhat evens out the loud and soft parts of whatever is on. (Even video games can be jarring.) I don't know why more manufacturers don't do this with soundbars and AV receivers.

This is correct, rears still need to be powered so not truely wireless. My LG sound bar really sounds quite decent at all volume levels and is soooo simple and clean. I’ve heard them with the rears and they make quite a noticeable difference (in a good way). AND the rear level and sub level are adjustable on the remote!
That sounds ideal, actually. Plus, since I'm getting an LG panel to replace the Sony, they should work well together. There are of course really high-end options for even the soundbars but again, TV/home theater means almost nothing to me, so convenience and being as invisible as possible outweighs even sound quality. (I just ask that it sound natural, not cheap like the junk I see at some of the local stores.)

@Wildcat I think you’ll not be disappointed as long as you aren’t hoping for a theater experience. The step (or two) above mine is the Atmos version which also has upfiring speakers for height. Pretty cool addition

Back
Top Bottom