Stereo & speaker ID please

Marantz?, I vaguely remember hearing about that brand is that stuff any good?
Resounding yes.
The stuff on the far left is SounDesign, saw the exact same thing last week at a garage sale. YOU DO NOT WANT IT, no matter how little they are asking. It is crap.
The speakers in the middle scream crap too, but I've had a lot of speakers that looked like trash and sounded amazing, so I'll reserve any comments on them to someone who knows what they are. :)

But, you know, there are some of the "fake reel" cassettes in the dual-well deck; they're worth at least a buck apiece.

Obviously I was jesting and kudos to @Yodathedog being the first to spot the Marantz. I could care less about the red arrow gear.

In all honesty any idea what model Marantz that is? ( 2220B?, 2235) The speakers it's sitting on if decent I'd hopefully snag those too.

I have no desire for either, I had a Marantz 2230 several years ago for a couple of months. It sounded great, looked cool but I moved it on down the road.

My flipping days have been over for awhile. My hope is if they are priced at a decent amount to get them for my buddy's audio/repair shop so he can do his magic and resell them to his vintage clientele.

Speakers Marantz is sitting on look like Bose 501s?
Might be worth grabbing because people will pay for it... Just don't use them unless you wanna hear what real bad sound is like. :)

Looks like a nice roll of "abduction" tape on the Marantz.
Don't go into a basement for these.

Last edited:
Speakers Marantz is sitting on look like Bose 501s?
Might be worth grabbing because people will pay for it... Just don't use them unless you wanna hear what real bad sound is like. :)
My thought as well, think you nailed it.

b0451c4b86ec721e846e674107f101eb--vynil-ham-radio.jpg

The 501 is,perhaps, the crappiest speaker Bose made. Cheesy grill cloth, cheap cabinet and cardboard innards. Pure dumpster fodder. The Sound Design may even be better! (ask me how I REALLY FEEL)

The 501 is,perhaps, the crappiest speaker Bose made. Cheesy grill cloth, cheap cabinet and cardboard innards. Pure dumpster fodder. The Sound Design may even be better! (ask me how I REALLY FEEL)
In Soviet Russia, tweeter faces away from YOU

Don't sugar coat it. You can be frank with us.

crappiest speaker Bose ever made?
That is saying A LOT. :)

Back
Top Bottom