Stereophile: Pay your Bill???

Discussion in 'The Magazine Forum' started by Andyman, Jun 4, 2015.

1. EyeGee

EyeGee Big Ears

Northern California
    I got the earbuds. They're pretty lousy.
    Celt likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

This thread's probably worth an occasional bump just to remind us all to read the small print.

That said, that sort of thing is getting more common for any subscription service. Be especially careful signing up for any "trial offers", as a lot of those bump up to full price automatically if you don't cancel a certain amount of time ahead of the end of the trial. Had that happen here for satellite tv service, and although I cancelled those channels immediately upon receipt of the bill, they still wanted to charge me for the first month at full price "because I didn't give them proper notification of cancellation" or some such shite. Happy to say, they soon saw the error of their ways, but I imagine a lot of folk just figure it's easier to pay them than argue.

It's not all bad though. I've been paying half price on my phone/internet for years now. Every time that "introductory offer" is set to expire, I just go to the local office and request another year. You can try to get the same deal over the phone, but good luck with that ...
  3. bonzo4ever!

bonzo4ever! Member

ellenboro n.c.
    I've told em 3 times to cancel my subscription. Just got the new one today.... dont understand .
  4. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

15 miles North of Canada
    Well, I got the $14/2year earbud letter today and maybe I will sign up. I've wasted more on worse and the issue isn't them, it's me not reading them.
    It's really a killer deal for less than $0.58/issue...
  5. Celt

Celt Super Maude Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

Paragould, Arkansas
    I too got their earbuds...and was appalled that an audio magazine was handing out something so horrid sounding!
    Yesterday, I received a letter saying "we have written to you four or five times subscription is fixing to expire
    next month (May, 2017). Renew now to save yourself some money and to avoid missing any issues!"
    The funny thing magazines clearly state that they don't expire until this coming October!