Steve Guttenberg Video: I Am An Audiophile

What is it with some of these audio reviewers especially with Stereophile Mag ?

The current crop at Stereophile Mag beginning with JA look like over-the-hill Deadheads

(sorta joking)

I didn't hear anything particularly annoying. I didn't hear anything particularly fascinating either.

Thanks for the thread anyway.

I of course can enjoy his comments about the equipment but also appreciate his choice of shirt attire.
Thank you Steve for a great view. Wish it could happen monthly.

I can appreciate his point of view because of how he doesn't become personally involved and concentrates on the differences. It's all about what the sound makes you feel, if you ain't got the feel......you ain't for real !

We might have a few customers hanging about.....

So is his philosophy about audio to be the reference standard for audiophile status?

12+ minutes I'll never get back, but thanks for the link anyway.

I really could of spent that time sulking and listening to any one my over hyped unnecessary copies of MoFi half speed masters on my crappy Pioneer PL-L1000 TT using an inadequate Audiotechnica 440mla cart with a less than stellar AT mlx150 stylus through an antiquated Audio Research SP-15 pre to be amplified by an old discountinued pair of ARC tube monoblocks and some cheap Magnepan MMGs.

$30,000 for a platter and motor, $10,000 for a tonearm, $15,000 for a cartridge and lets not forget the $6000 interconnects; all that just to spin an $8.00 piece of plastic?! For that kinda money I better "feel" more than just the music.

Both him and that other arrogant putz Fremer bore me.

Just my $.02 and I earned it.

I watched it, and enjoyed it. Don't quite get the hating on the guy that some of these posts have. He tells you how he goes about reviewing and why it matters to him, and why its worth the effort. This is not an easy process, and it takes a lot of effort. No one is getting rich doing this, but its a creative outlet. A great way to enjoy audio also. He brings some very unique life experiences to the table, and that makes reading his stuff worthwhile.

While it was not earth shattering revelations, it was interesting to watch.

Regards
Mister Pig

Back
Top Bottom