Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories is coming to Apple TV

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Apple is getting serious about original content they just signed a deal with Steven Spielberg for the return of “Amazing Stories”.
https://apple.news/ATXBepUIQR1GyqVKLd98zXw
This wonderful series ran on NBC for just 3 years but it got 13 Emmy nominations.
S1E2 Main Attraction (Oct 6,1985) has long been my favorite of the original series. Below is the best I could find.

Last edited:
It was on Netflix for a long time. Not sure if it still is. I watched it with my boys and found that I had much fonder memories of it and it didn't hold up all that well. To each their own.

It was on Netflix for a long time. Not sure if it still is. I watched it with my boys and found that I had much fonder memories of it and it didn't hold up all that well. To each their own.
Some of the episodes were very dark but that is what is so good about anthology shows like this. There is good and bad. With a regular series if they start out stinky they usually stay that way.

Some of the episodes were very dark but that is what is so good about anthology shows like this. There is good and bad. With a regular series if they start out stinky they usually stay that way.

Sure. I thought that series started off with a bang, had a really strong initial run, then the episodes were handed off to the lesser creative minds and it went downhill fast. Also, while that show was fun, it looks really dated now. If aliens in the future wanted to know what the 1980's looked like, I'd play them episodes of that show. :) Even with the cheesy CGI, the intro/theme was great and was burned in my mind. I remember looking forward to watching that show every week. My Mother and Sister were also fans. Good times.

I remember liking it. I liked all of those "each episode is a totally different story" shows like Amazing Stories, Twilight Zone, Tales From the Darkside, Outer Limits. etc..

I think I clung on for awhile but was finally done in by the ball turret episode. "I watched all the way through for that? Oh farkit, goodnight!"

That's the episode I remember and I know how you felt.

Best Spielberg TV series was Pinky and The Brain. :D

I think I clung on for awhile but was finally done in by the ball turret episode. "I watched all the way through for that? Oh farkit, goodnight!"

This is the episode that killed it for me as well. Taking the "sense of wonder" theme a little too far.

Back
Top Bottom