STK-0050 replacement for SX-780 and others

to small for me. i'll stick to through hole thank you very much. i tried an SMD part once. i could not get the thing to stay where i put it
it should float onto the pads if doing it right . well it does in the videos i have watched .
anyway yes for something like this through hole is maybe better ..i was forward thinking into how it will all fit in original package as a bolt on unit .

that would be slick to make it small enough to fit into the original STK-0050's case. if the STK4191II dies in my unit i'm going to pop it open and snoop around inside it

that would be slick to make it small enough to fit into the original STK-0050's case. if the STK4191II dies in my unit i'm going to pop it open and snoop around inside it
prettymuch just a pcb with smd in there...you will se guts of the power transistors..opened a few..i guess in the 70´s or was it even the 60´s sanyo developed the first? theese must´ve been pretty hightech! last one i opend was from china. it had a pcb (material) no circuits on it. hardwired with 4 TO220 TIP´s and some other crap glued to it all inside what looked like the original plastic cover...the tip´s in this case had NO thermal contact with anything other than air. looked like my daughter had used a soldering iron. she´s 9

Last edited:
im aware what the inside looks like, just kinda want to see it in person. wonder if its possible to replace a bit that goes pop. you might be able to hack a modern transistor in place of a popped original.

im aware what the inside looks like, just kinda want to see it in person. wonder if its possible to replace a bit that goes pop. you might be able to hack a modern transistor in place of a popped original.

the way they are designed im afraid wont let u fix the thing by disabling the onboard transistor and soldering an "eqivialent" ...open one and see for yourself!

im aware
stk80w.jpg

could work if you mount the "equivialent" transistor on the heatsink and have long cables. not gonna look pretty

still think the zipperbag and A4 as mentioned before is the way here.

Last edited:
I have two questions. For c2 I pulled the data sheet. It's not showing a positive or negative side. The cap has two dots on one side.and the data sheet is not saying if it's non polarized. Not sure what way to put it. And as far as setting the bias. Could some one walk me through it. I don't won't to mess up any thing. Also a big thanks for hbrown and rsc16 for the development of this and sharing with us.

I have two questions. For c2 I pulled the data sheet. It's not showing a positive or negative side. The cap has two dots on one side.and the data sheet is not saying if it's non polarized. Not sure what way to put it. And as far as setting the bias. Could some one walk me through it. I don't won't to mess up any thing. Also a big thanks for hbrown and rsc16 for the development of this and sharing with us.
where is c2 ?

Pete now I'm lost. The board is marked +. But the cap data sheet don't specify +. The cap it self has two dots on one side. Is that for positive.

Back
Top Bottom