Stoutblock's System One

Ohhhh man! That is sooo cool!!!! Like a retro-future cool looking thing. That's the stereo that would be on the space ship in 2001.

I've always liked the layout and looks of the System One. I remember walking into a stereo shop back in 77, seeing one of these and saying to myself that someday I will own one. They were stupid expensive back then so I'm not surprised there are not many of them around. Except for the cassette deck, all the components are top notch. The cassette is an OK 2 head unit but it is based on the old 500 drive and it simply is not up to Nak Cassette standards and certainly not up to the quality level of the other components. I've been told these amps started the relationship between Nelson Pass and Nakamichi. They use 2 huge filter capacitors (2 x 39000uF). Only design flaw is the soft start is a little flakey so I replaced them with some updated units. Of course the RCA and speaker connections are not up to modern standards but not too hard to upgrade.

It never ceases to amaze me the reaction I get from people who see and hear this system and then I tell them it is 34 years old. Most are blown away.

link to the build:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=304379&highlight=nakamichi

Last edited:
Cool system and very nice layout I imagine it sounds great no doubt. Nice touch adding the Netbook for your flac files, J river does a good job on those.:thmbsp:

naksys1dnet.jpg

Nw that is a neat little system. I really like this!

man, I love the look of this system...classy and unique. I bet it sounds spectacular.

Wow, I am late to this thread and can only repeat WOW.

That is one super nice looking and I am sure great sounding system.

I really like "Neat and Tidy" looking systems. I enjoy the music more when it comes from a great looking system like yours.

Thanks guys! What is probably the best complement I've had recently is from my wife. She actually said its about time I have a system that looks uncluttered. She hates clutter.

I'll be adding custom length Avanti Audio interconnects and speaker wires. The custom length interconnects will really tidy up the rear.

Last edited:
I have lusted after the Nak system from the first time I set eyes on it in the Navy PX in Yakoska JP. If I ever come across one, I don't think I could resist buying it.

I have lusted after the Nak system from the first time I set eyes on it in the Navy PX in Yakoska JP. If I ever come across one, I don't think I could resist buying it.

I know the feeling...

That is a rolling, functioning, incredible work of art. Congratulations on achieving a life-long goal. (...but it would look better with a Macbook Pro on top..)

Back
Top Bottom