strandtentje's beach tent

strandtentje

I've got CD's, Hi-Fi and CRT gear piling up left and right.

A few years back I registered, for a NAD repair, according to the archives. I have brought the amp to life 5 more times since then, but now it's sitting idle with a light hum on the right channel. One day I'll repair it definitively, but it's doing the NAD backronym justice as it stands.

To bring the ingress of new old Hi-Fi to a manageable pace, I've decided a while back to only take in defective gear. Honestly, that only made things worse.

My background is electronics repair, software design and sticking fried PCBs to the wall behind my toilet. I grew up in an electrician's household, and moved to a bigger city in order to drop out of University after a year. I spent a short while designing a robot, did a bunch of web design and currently own a software company.

My dearest possession is a Barco Data 801s propped up on an old 19" rack, and my recent favorite repairs must've been a McIntosh pre- and poweramp. Coming in at a close second is a pair of big, ugly painted-over 4-way speaker cabs with mids to die for. I got to keep those cabinets too. Maybe someday I'll post a picture.

Welcome to AK! Sounds like you are as nutty as the rest of us are. Although most of us won't admit it!

Nutty! I can roll with that. Making up for that nut intolerance.

Nice Marantz :eek: Expecting a 2265 on my bench for repair in '18, how are those Horns treating ya?

Back
Top Bottom