Strange Bay feedback?

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
I'm looking at some gear listed as I tested... this guy only has 6 feedback posts. Two are from the same day and from two different sellers... but, they use the EXACT same wording?!? Should I trust this guy?

Attachments

• IMG_7619.PNG
    IMG_7619.PNG
    161.3 KB · Views: 131
Looks funny to me.

Item is listed as used so you could return on your dime even though they don't take returns. Used states it works right?

I'd pass just because it is auto audio and that stuff changes so quickly and I don't keep up.

Barney

Looks funny to me.

Item is listed as used so you could return on your dime even though they don't take returns. Used states it works right?

I'd pass just because it is auto audio and that stuff changes so quickly and I don't keep up.

Barney

Well, I enjoy vintage car audio almost as much as home audio... so, I'm not worried about that. I'm just worried about it being a scam or wildly different than what is pictured/described.

I wouldn't harp too much on those identical feedbacks. A lot of Chinese sellers have multiple IDs, and the same person writes the feedback for all of them. If this seller purchased two different items from two different sellers fitting that description, on the same day, that would be the exact situation I'd expect.

I wouldn't harp too much on those identical feedbacks. A lot of Chinese sellers have multiple IDs, and the same person writes the feedback for all of them. If this seller purchased two different items from two different sellers fitting that description, on the same day, that would be the exact situation I'd expect.

That sounds plausible. Good to know!

A lot of people leave similar feedback. If I go to leave feedback on multiple auctions, there is an option to apply a random stored comment. Pretty sure these are eBay supplied comments, as I never saved any.

Feedback for a buyer, no selling feedbacks? (am I reading that right) Sometimes get real bargains, or great equipment from first time sellers, sometimes get screwed too.

Buyer protection gives you 100% security.
Feedback is now almost useless.
Perhaps a sniff to know if the seller has a clue but it really doesn't mean anything for any particular transaction.

Buy away and if you don't like the product, request a return and choose not-as-described (I think they changed things now so pick "defective").
eBay will force 100% refund including shipping.

eBay has a "screw all" sellers attitude.

I almost bid, but I let it pass. I didn't "need" the gear, as I already have a few of these amps. I really just wanted it for the bass knob and the updated crossover (I have the earlier version).

I don't understand how the same questions keep coming up about ebay. Feedback means absolutely squat on there and has for years. In fact i can't really think of anything more irelevant and meaningless.
And as blhagstrom stated above, ebay has a "risk nothing everything is returnable please buy through us" attitude toward buyers, and a "we want to be amazon they are kicking our ass so unless you are a volume merchant seller on here we are going to slap outrageous fees and a 6 MONTH return policy on you" attitude toward sellers. I am not joking. 10% seller fees (and an additional 10% levied on shipping fees to curtail that and compete with amazon's free shipping policies), and a SIX MONTH no questions asked return policy. Ebay used to be fun--and fairly profitable-- for individual sellers like myself, but I got off that sinking ship years ago.

I don't understand how the same questions keep coming up about ebay. Feedback means absolutely squat on there and has for years. In fact i can't really think of anything more irelevant and meaningless.
And as blhagstrom stated above, ebay has a "risk nothing everything is returnable please buy through us" attitude toward buyers, and a "we want to be amazon they are kicking our ass so unless you are a volume merchant seller on here we are going to slap outrageous fees and a 6 MONTH return policy on you" attitude toward sellers. I am not joking. 10% seller fees (and an additional 10% levied on shipping fees to curtail that and compete with amazon's free shipping policies), and a SIX MONTH no questions asked return policy. Ebay used to be fun--and fairly profitable-- for individual sellers like myself, but I got off that sinking ship years ago.

True, but a little harsh. I still use Ebay regularly because it's the best way to find a wide audience. If you're willing to ship, Ebay generally commands a higher price than Craigslist or other local options which helps to offset those fees. There are ways to manage the risk as evidenced by many long time sellers of very expensive items. Although, I've been burned a couple of times, the vast majority of transactions have gone great, enough so that I'm still a big fan.

Back
Top Bottom