strange things in old books?

gadget73

junk junkie
Subscriber
Ever find odd notes or other items in a book? I'm reading through my Radiotron Designer's Handbook 3rd edition, and it seems the person who owned this was a bit paranoid. He used this as a sort of diary with several entries ranging from 1949 to 1956. The first entry starts out like this

Sept 11, 1949
"The political forces of Cambridge are working slowly but surely to shove me out".

The last entry

Friday 13, April 1956 ?

The day of reckoning.

I'm sort of curious what this guy's story was. Other entries in here all talk about being pushed out, ignored, people being happy when he's gone, etc.

Also in here are some notes on things he must have been working on, pages with transformer voltages by lead, notes on how things are connected, a materials requisition form from 1955 for some components, which presidents are on what bills, what looks like a resistance to temperature chart for a thermistor, the names of the "Cambridge political forces", and some math of no obvious application on a Denver and Rio GRande Western Railroad notepad page.

Ooh, what are the names of political forces? Might be interesting to Google them and find out if they did anything that was remembered.

A coworker of mine found an old newspaper site that has millions of pages of newspapers, text-searchable. Fascinating stuff. Paid subscription though.

Book is at work, I'll have to see if anything comes up. I think I tried looking up the owner's name but I never found anything that I could definitively say was him.

Back
Top Bottom