Stromberg ASR-444

Yee-Haw, you just made my day. I truely appreciate you putting these out there for the rest of us. Now I can begin my refreshment project. If I can stop listening to it long enough. :D
I also have the SR-445 tuner which looks different than the 445a, the 445 only has one tuning bar and less switches for the AM section. I assume that is a simul-cast tuner? I just love the looks of the Stromberg gear. :yes:

Last edited:
Newbee Needs Hep!

I am in process of recapping a S-C ASR433. I have found replacement caps for all but those two extra large cigar looking caps rated 100 Mfd @ 250 VDC. I have tried the supply houses in Birmingham, Alabama to no avail. When I look on various sites the ratings are in "uf" rather than Mfd. I know this might sould stupid but what do I need to ask for when ordering (or searching).
Thanks
Roivett

When you see "uf" they are really meaning "mu"-f. If you look on a modern cap, you will see that the letter before the F is actually the greek letter "Mu"..."Mu" means "micro". If they can't make the "mu" character then they'll just use "u" because it looks similar.

"uf" means "mu-f", microfarads, same as the older expression Mfd.

Back
Top Bottom