1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck door on my Sony TC-K2A giving me a headache.

Discussion in 'Tape' started by speedle, Feb 2, 2014.

1. speedle

speedle Peanut gallery owner

So, when I rescued this Sony cassette deck from the morgue, er, I mean Goodwill, the eject lever wouldn't budge and hence the cassette door would not open. I let is set for about a year (this was all many several moons ago), and then I did something, I don't know what, to get the door to open and the eject lever to work. I then played tapes, for at least 3 years, on and off.

Recently, I moved my room around, and the Sony got set aside for about 2 months. The other day I put it back into the system, and....stuck door again!

I've downloaded the service manual, and studied the exploded view, but I can't divine any info that would help me get this thing working again. Help!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

is it stuck in play mode ?

3. stoN_Cold

stoN_Cold Super Member

Something wrong with lever.

[​IMG]

4. speedle

speedle Peanut gallery owner

It's not stuck in play mode, and there is no cassette in the door. The play, stop and all other controls work fine.

Jegor, thanks for the diagram. Can you clarify where that is at and what it's trying to tell me? I'd gladly take this thing apart, but I'm a bit unsure of being able to put it back together!

5. stoN_Cold

stoN_Cold Super Member

Take this thing apart, and everything will become more clear.

6. eclectik

eclectik Well-Known Member

either stuck grease on the mech pictured above, or if a powered mech, the belt might be slipping and hence the mech not completing its cycle. As jegor says, open it up and observe.

Please register to disable this ad.