Studio Standard By Fisher Model RS-2002

OLDisGOLD

My latest GW find. Couldn't resist ....... silver faced, clean and $4. The knobs are worth that. :thmbsp: Has a 5 band equalizer. Total power consumption is 160 watts so I guess it's 20-25 watts per channel. Looks like it might be part of a component system. The woodgrain vinyl is some of the best looking I've seen. I thought it was Walnut veneer when I 1st looked at it. It's nice & clean too.

Disregard the 2nd pic. Apparently the camera moved or I was aiming it at the wrong receiver.

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
A quick search finds it's at the "bottom of the pile" in the Fisher 2000 series rated at 20 wpc. Someone has one hooked to some Cerwin Vegas & thought it was more powerful than that because it was kicking the CW's pretty good at modest volume ................. whatever that means. :music:

For $4 that is a good score. I would have probably taken it home for $15 without thinking about it. I am not a huge Sanyo-era Fisher fan, but most of it was competently made during that period and sounded pretty good. If I am not mistaken, the mid to late 70's Sanyo/Fisher stuff fell somewhere between their Plus series and the normal BOTL Sanyo equipment. All in all better than most BPC stuff. Don't expect the performance you'd get out of your Pioneers though.

Good pickup, well worth 4 bucks. Hell, I just spent 6.97 on a sandwich/fries/drink and they will be gone in 15 minutes.

I didn't expect it to be real good ................ like I said, it was 4 bucks & the knobs are worth that.

I applaude you up here in Canada guyz just steal the knobs rendering even usless equip even more usless.:D

I applaude you up here in Canada guyz just steal the knobs rendering even usless equip even more usless.:D

Well .................. It's not Accuphase ................ but for something for my Daughter to run her Ipod thru & a CD player, it'll do just fine. She listens to her music at a modest level anyways & 20 wpc will do the trick.

UPDATE 8-13-09

Just hooked this up for the 1st time. WOW !!!

I'd say this is a very underrated 25 wpc. This thing sings. All controls are clean. I need a lamp for the aux. Tuner section is fair but usable. I don't listen to radio much anyways. The 5-band equalizer works nicely. Will check out the phono section later.

All-in-all ........... a well spent $3.99. :banana:

Back
Top Bottom