STUPID ME/Amazing Customer Service

trinhsman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Well, I decided to move my trusty Snell Type C's upstairs to my main system and move my modified E II's to the downstairs system. Unhooked everything and rehooked up everything and NO LEFT CHANNEL. Swap inputs, and connections and still no left channel. Eliminated the pre-amp, so maybe the power amp. Give a call to Pass Labs and they were amazing. They spent almost an hour on the phone with me talking me through things. At one point, felt it might be the amp and told me they would get a call tag issued. I asked how much it would be to repair. They said "the cost of the return shipping." They also said these things are normally simple to fix so there wouldn't be any charge for the repair. Before I let them go, I asked if we could try a couple of more things. We did, and eliminated the amp. So now, the amp is OK, the preamp is OK. The only thing left is a connection issue. Suggest swapping the speaker cables from left to right. Not just the hook up, but the whole cable. BINGO, all fixed. So now I said, let me hook up the speakers I wanted to and see what happens. Dead left channel. DAMN!!!! At this point the person from Pass Labs says we have a definite connection issue, so now that you know how to check things, let me hang up and you play around for a while. If you can't get it figured out, call me back.
5 MINUTES LATER, ALL FIXED.
So........STUPID ME!!!!
I have bi-wire cables that are separate cables for the positive and neutral. A separate cable for the red/black and a separate cable for the blue;/white. Guess who got it mixed up and hooked up wrong on the left channel?
ME, STUPID ME!!!!
Called Pass Labs back and told them all fixed and what I had done. They were more than gracious and said don't feel bad, it happens.
I now understand why Pass Labs is so highly rated. AMAZING customer service and took it all in stride. Thanked me for my business and said call back any time. WOW!!!!

Back
Top Bottom