Stupidest Gift Idea

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
AAAAARGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

I pass through the family room to play with the dog and catch a glimpse of the TV. There's a commercial on for the new Dawn power dishwashing brush????:wtf:

Yep, no more back-breaking scrubbing to get your dishes clean with the power brush. Watch as it bulldozes thru casseroles. Be amazed as it blasts off loose macaroni and cheese from a plate (I'm amazed it didn't fall off!!!!).

I heard last week that 70% of all women over 50 are overweight; I'm sure this will help!!!

Sheeessssh! :uzi:

Does this thing run on a continuous flow of hot water? That will encourage ecological waste. It costs money to make hot water and there is the extra burden of letting the water run. The city has to process this water that the user of this product is spilling down the drain. The city also has to treat the wastewater.

You are right, really dumb idea. Anything to pry more money from gullible suckers.

Highlighting the ridiculous state of affairs our society finds itself in (at least here in America).

"Instead of driving more sanely, I'll just buy a Hummer or similar large SUV, and drive like the shmuck I am. My family will be better protected in case of a crash! Screw the earths resources. Screw the next generation! I want mine and I want it NOW!"

Hope our kids demonstrate more civic responsibility than we do.

Toasted Almond

Originally posted by Rob
Does this thing run on a continuous flow of hot water?

No, it's some stupid, flashlight sized, spinning, conical brush that probably runs on batteries. I guess it's what you use on your dishes before you take your Swiffer Wet mop to the floors.

No wonder the Third World hates our guts. They're living in mud huts burning dried cow flop for cooking and we're too damn lazy to scrub a pot

It is the season for stupid gift ideas. I saw an ad for a power jar opener the other day. It was huge and takes up as much room as a toaster. I mean jeez, how many jars does a person open, that they need a power assist?
Or how about the auto butt cleaning toilet. "It has a small auto nozzel that makes you feel all clean inside, ready to take on the world" Yuck.

lol. i saw that too. The dishwashing brush is just a disguse for what it really is. Look at the shape. Spinning? Hmm....

:p:

So that's why the gal in the Swiffer commercial is so happy!

It all makes sense now!

Have you seen the commercials for that new gizmo that supposedly will translate your dogs barks and whines ect. into words so you will know what you dog is saying???? Only $99! They have one for cats too ;)

I saw it also and thought it was the dumbest thing ever.

Look closely though, I think there might be some subliminal message here that will appeal to the bored homemaker :D

Muahaha i saw the one to make your dog talk to. i thought it was a joke!

Thats got to be the stupidest pos ever. i wonder if they pre programmed stuff like. "im thorny" or screw you or touch my food and die lol.

Originally posted by THOR
Have you seen the commercials for that new gizmo that supposedly will translate your dogs barks and whines ect. into words so you will know what you dog is saying???? Only $99! They have one for cats too ;)

I heard the morning DJs screwing around with this Friday morning. Most thought it was total crapola, basically a "Crazy 8" ball for suckers who think their dog is communicating with them, but one kept talking about some Ph.D behind it in a vain attempt to validate it.

The dog wasn't impressed; he barely spoke.

27 days til Christmas, what other sucker bait will we see between now and then????

I thought that was a great idea. A spinning brush on a stick. That simple invention will make millions. Why didn't I think of it? Let me think... what else needs to be invented? I know, clips for holding table cloth on a picnic table so the wind won't blow it away. That's got to worth a few grand.:)

Well, there's always a Pet Rock revival.

Perhaps as a group we could author a care manual for them.
You know, we could tell owners how to feed and execise them, how to train them, the whole nine yards. All for $13.95 a pop, $7.95 paperback.

We did miss out on the Chia pet extended line though.

I think all these $30 DVD players are sucker bait, lets see how many are still functioning a year from now, I remember when they did the same thing with VCR's. I know tons of people who snagged them up and then complained when they stopped working a few months later. Seems every el cheapo CD boombox and personal CD player we have ever bought the kids dies within' a year and we have to buy them new ones by next xmas. Glad I bought my kid an MP3 player this year, no moving parts ;) Course it weren't cheap either :p:

Back
Top Bottom