styler - just gave me the royal shaft!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillH2121

Last week, "styler" contacted me in response to my thread offering to sell or trade my MC2125. Tyler offered to trade his C32 plus $400 for my 2125. After several PMs back and forth concerning the condition of his C32 and cabinet, I accepted his offer with the agreement he would send the preamp to Terry D for a minor repair and then we would either meet to trade units or ship them. Tyler accepted. After a week with no word from Tyler, I sent a PM to inquire on the status of his sending the preamp to Terry. Today, Tyler informs me that he has changed his mind and has decided to keep his preamp! Last week, I told two persons who called in response to my classified ad in a local paper that the unit was sold based on Tyler's agreement with me. I find it interesting and sadly disappointing that Tyler does not believe that his offer and my acceptance of that offer is in any way binding on him! Members of this Board might want to keep that in mind when dealing with Tyler.

Last edited:
Sorry, his full name is easily available, I didn't realize there was a problem. I would think this Board would be more concerned with his poor form. not mine.

The Shaft

for all of those who have dealt with me, thank you. BillH2121 i apolgize for backing out of the deal, too bad you did not accept my offer for compensation. i regret you felt you had to resort to this type of post, especially without including the full story. this really wasnt necessary. :thumbsdn:

Your offer of compensation - paying for another ad in the paper - does not put me in the same position as our deal. And, I will be glad to post our PMs if anyone is interested in the "full story". Telling me there is another preamp on Audiogone does not compensate me for the loss of our agreement. What my grandfather told me several years ago still holds: "You can judge a man by how he keeps his word." You, sir, come up short on that scale.

Communication AND understanding are key. If you make a deal, stick to it. If you can't, or don't feel like it's something you want to persue, tell the other party asap, so they can move on down the road. If you are that 'other party', try to have some understanding and cut the other guy a little slack.

I've had people back out on occasion, for one reason or another. You can choose to write off and move on, or get your blood pressure up and stay all wrapped up around the axle over it.

I think that's sufficient. Seeing as nothing exchanged hands, beit monies or gear, there is no REAL loss here, other than time. I don't think this needs to turn into a big he-said she-said post, and drag everyone down with it. If you guys want to duke it out via pm/email, g'head.

Let's move on.

Cheers,
Russ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom