"Stylus Plus" Experiences

Trekkie4

Retired Member
I just placed an order for Shure stylus at "Stylus Plus" UK website & used the credit card to pay for it. From what I can tell, they are European version of "LP Gear" with quite affordable prices!

However, the reason I've decided to start this particular topic/discussion is because I can't find ANYTHING about these guys here on AK, or even outside the forums... In fact, according to some really, REALLY old posts they mentioned problems & "odd" payment services, through "Realex" company over more popular choice Paypal... Other than that, they seem to be complete mystery, so I'm wondering if any of you guys here placed an order through Stylus Plus and/or had any experience with them, either good or bad?

Bump & update

Haven't heard &/or received anything from them, until today. I got email, saying they didn't have N 104E in stock, and so because of that my order has been delayed & therefore shipped earlier today. It SHOULD arrive within the next 5 work days or so.

Can't say I'm happy, but at least it SEEMS to be legit. Will eventually post an update, once I receive the package.

At least they gave you the courtesy of an email. That's more than a lot of them will do nowadays.

At least they gave you the courtesy of an email. That's more than a lot of them will do nowadays.
Right, my thoughts exactly. IDK, I've tried to look them up on this (and other) forums, but came up empty apart from several mentions & warnings regarding the payment verification ... not really that encouraging to say, at least.

FWIW as long as I receive the replacement stylus, I'd be more than willing to do business with them again. At the moment however, I'm still waiting *shrug*

Did they send you a tracking number? If not, email them and ask for one.
Nope, nothing (yet), although that's a pretty good idea...

That was 2 days ago, so according to this my N 104E should be in transit as we speak, it could even arrive tomorrow, or at least on Friday. So I'll try to give them one more day, otherwise I'll get in touch & demand tracking number &/or solid proof.

So far, everything they've done seems legit, so I don't have any reason to question that ... but with that being said, my patience is wearing thin. One thing that really confuses me though is their decision to go through with my order for N 104E, even though they didn't have one in stock. I've been to JICO site (even considered them until I got to checkout & realized I have to pay through PayPal) & there's a clear warning, stating that particular stylus (not the same one, just referring in general) is either unavailable or currently not in stock, so they give you far more reliable & professional insight on what's going on. Where on the other hand, with these guys you pretty much have to wait & hope for the best.

Edit
Re-reading their last email where they said: "Allow 5 To 7 (WORKING) days for the delivery and allow for Weekends, Public, Easter and Christmas holidays or prolonged adverse weather conditions or any Industrial Disputes in the Royal Mail Network."

Considering my order was only just dispatched on June 26th, it could take up to 5 additional days before I'll receive anything. Nevertheless, there's no sign or mention of tracking number, throughout the entire mail (and trust me, there's loads of text). If it IS a scam, it's a really good & highly complex one.

I find it ironic that my other turntable-related order from China (AliExpress), Audio Technica AT3600L cart, which I ordered exactly one day before Shure N 104E just arrived to "Destination Country" earlier today & will most likely be delivered to my address tomorrow morning. Same thing with Technics-type headshell, from Germany ... which I ordered quite some time after N 104E & AT 3600. Arrived today & will be delivered some time tomorrow, so I find it highly unlikely that UK would take so long?!

Last edited:
Well, after days & days of waiting, I FINALLY got my stylus earlier this morning. Just in time, because I messaged them yesterday, asking what's going on (and demanding tracking number information) Needless to say, the package did not have one, being classified as envelope, "paper document" and not a "small package".

Long story short, I don't recommend ANYONE to use StylusPlus.uk services! What I ordered was a Shure N 104E - which needed to have 0.2x0.7 tip, thinner cantilever or AT LEAST different color than N 92E. What I received is the EXACT duplicate of what I already had on my table, generic N 92E replacement with 0.4x0.7 tip, which I bought at the local store for approx. the same price. Therefore at least I haven't lost any money (7$), just lots of time & my very happy mood *sigh*.

Either way, here's a pic, so take a look & feel free to decide on your own... Left & dusty stylus is my "old" N 92E, which I bought around Feb, and the one I'm using to play vinyl. The price was 40USD Right one is brand new "N 104E", which is really none other than "N 92". The price (with VAT & shipping costs) was 47USD.

Back
Top Bottom