Stylus

bully

Just bought a stylus for my Shure cartridge (M95HE) from partsexpress. Had been looking around, and even Radio Shack was like $39, partsexpress, $9.50!!?
Because they seem to add $9.17 for shipping to just about everything, I also ordered a pair of dome tweeters.
So, we'll see.
Also have picked up a pair of midrange drivers from eBay. 2 pair, actually.
awk!

$9.50? Gotta be happy with that! :)

Actually I'm thinking that's a good way to go if one decides to keep a cartridge of unknown history that came with a recently acquired tt. Don't want to do unseen damage to the record collection.

Jack

Exactly Jack! If you get a used turntable and don't have a scope powerful enough to properly examine the stylus...REPLACE IT! Even if you can examine it, do we know what it should or shouldn't look like. I could only guees myself. It is sooooo easy to damage records and likely most of the records that we all own have dust embedded in groves that pop like crazy anyway. The heat caused by the contact area of the stylus to the groove is HUGE. It will melt dust right into the groove never to be removed again. Keep your stylus new, your cartridge as aligned as possible, scrub and vacume the ever luvin crap out of your records and... Pray. ;)

I just bought this alignment tool the other day. Along with my Sure gauge I hope to get my new Thorens cartridge real close to the null points.

http://www.turntablebasics.com/index.html

Hey WW,

I've seen that website before - it looks good and reminds me of the old Cartalign device. Let us know how you go with it. I use a dual null point one myself - by Garrott Bros which works great.

Just cleaned another 5 LP's last night and played some late night Earl Klugh - just beautiful:)

Jack

Back
Top Bottom