Sub for Heresey l

ccawker

I have a chance to pick up a SW450 for 100.00.........sooooooooooo,would just 1 of those be enough to hook to the Hereseys?I have a Sansui AU717,how would i hook this up if this is good enough.
Some say you have to have a certain kind of sub for quality(just audio) sound,hmmmmmmmmmm.

I have a chance to pick up a SW450 for 100.00.........sooooooooooo,would just 1 of those be enough to hook to the Hereseys?I have a Sansui AU717,how would i hook this up if this is good enough.
Some say you have to have a certain kind of sub for quality(just audio) sound,hmmmmmmmmmm.
Well that's sort of true, IMO the most musical subs are sealed, and preferably servo controlled, not everyone agrees though lol. That said, sealed servo subs are not cheap and why most are not, but don't despair there are less expensive subs that will work for you.

I've had great success using a pair of Dayton Sub 1200's as speaker stands for my series 1 Heresys. They elevate the Heresy to the right height, and when properly dialed in (not overly emphasized) they blend in seamlessly leaving the Heresy sound intact only BIGGER lol. Dayton subs can be found at Parts Express, their customer service is second to none.

Screenshot_2018-05-19-16-01-17.png

Trade your Herseys for some Forte's. The tweeters and mids will be at the right height. You won't ave 4 speaker boxes, you will just have two. You won't have to worry about hook up cables , ground loops, and merging the subs with the Hersey's acoustically. The bass won't be compromised as it will if you use one sub. If Forte's are to expensive new, maybe you can find pre-owned pair of Cornwalls or Chorus.

Back
Top Bottom