Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Two questions:
Is it possible to pay for a subscription for someone else as a Xmas gift?

Is there an updated list of Subscriber benefits? With the new forum software it appears that some of what's listed in post #1 may now be unavailable, irrelevant, or there may be new features.

A PM to luvvinvinyl will get your questions answered.

Thank you all so much for your support. Hope you all enjoy your subscriptions.

Grumpy

Okay, I have been getting emails from folks who get notified by Paypal that they paid their subscription to AK, but no update to their account.

"What gives?" you may ask.

Well, if you had an autorenew set up under the old software, Paypal doesn't know that we changed, and the old link no longer upgrades your account.

"What do I do?"

Go into your paypal, under My Money, and head to the My Pre-approved Payments section. Delete the audiokarma pre-approved payment. Audiokarma cannot do this for you. Only you can change your settings in paypal.

When we get a new autorenew, you will be able to select it, and not worry about your subscription running out.

As always, if you have any problems with your subscription or any AK account issues, pm me, here, or email me at luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org Please don't wait, hoping for a miracle of healing. Your account won't fix itself. On the other hand, I want you to have the benefits that your subscription fee covers.

Thanks for the support.

Is AK now an all pay site? Do I have to be a subscriber to post? I have posted a couple of items in the last few days and the posts are not showing as being posted.

Is AK now an all pay site? Do I have to be a subscriber to post? I have posted a couple of items in the last few days and the posts are not showing as being posted.

Nope and it never will be. Audiokarma is and will remain a free site. What folks are talking about here is upgrading their accounts to subscriber status. You get more "perks" that way.

I see you have many posts under your profile http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?members/olydan.59703/ Maybe the posts your looking for are there.

Thanks
Grumpy

Thanks Grumpy for the reply. I see that I have been able to make a recent post. Must have been a glitch in my computer.

Thanks Grumpy for the reply. I see that I have been able to make a recent post. Must have been a glitch in my computer.

Glad to hear. If you, or anyone else ever has problems with their accounts feel free to write me at grumpy @ audiokarma.org or Private Message AK Admin Luvvinvinyl

Thanks
Grumpy

My subscription runs out on Valentine's Day and I see no way to re up on the page Grumpy linked. I would like to do so while I still have a few dollars. Could someone point me where I need to fo to do this? It sems odd to bug a Mod when you should be able to do so yourself. I was also interested in what a site sponsorship costs if one could afford it, I see no info on how to do it

Regarding re-subscribing - if you are already a subscriber, I haven't checked whether this has been described before, if it has my apologies.

When you see that your subscription is soon to expire don't worry, just wait for it to expire, and the system will send you an alert message (the following day in my case) saying one of your account upgrades (!) has expired. Click on the alert, which will automatically launch the Paypal page (if you have this as your payment method I guess?) - then simply follow the instructions for payment on the Paypal site - simple.

I retained my nice red banner through all of this process :D

Last edited:
When you see that your subscription is soon to expire don't worry, just wait for it to expire, and the system will send you an alert message (the following day in my case) saying one of your account upgrades (!) has expired.

That's been my experience over the years: subscription expires, I'm notified, I (re)subscribe, I am back @ full access and the subscriber's red banner.

Sure, you might miss a day or two of BAP and BT, but once back in, you find you (usually) didn't miss much (sure, the occasional "interesting" thread that's been locked up), but you can catch up w/ everything that's remained intact.

We used to get several days notice, but I can't find where to change that in XF. Now the notice is down to a couple of hours, and you only see that if you are watching and waiting for it.

Audiokarma's new subscriber membership is now live. Join in on the fun

Today we are proud to announce the unveiling of Audiokarma's new Subscriber membership. Now, what the heck is a Subscriber?

A Subscriber will be a regular member who pays the 25.00 per year. How do you do that ?

Well you just go to your profile and in the menu under Account Upgrades is a link for Subscriptions. You must click it and then you are walked through the payment.

Or here is the direct link

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

For now it's set up only for Paypal but soon we will do it manually for those wishing to snail mail payments in.

You can mail your check to:

Audiokarma.org
29488 Woodward Avenue
Suite #160
Royal Oak, MI

Now why in the world would you want to become a subscriber? Well, first it helps to keep the site afloat. Secondly you are getting Gobs of good stuff for your money.

For the fee of $25.00 you will not only help in supporting one of the best sites around but also get the following features:

New forums only for Subscribers
Increase PM capacity to 1500 ( 150 for Reg members )
Increase picture storage to 200 meg ( Reg members get 30 meg )
User Album, 2.5 megabytes
Ability to delete your posts
larger signatures
Change color of name
Use of animated gifs
Set yourself to be invisible to the rest of the board.

This will be tweaked and additional features may be added in the future.

So there you have it. If you have already become a subscriber and see a member having problems joining please help them. Those who have questions about it feel free to PM or email me. Thanks

i re-subscribed but it still states i have insufficient access to barter town?

Usually, logging out and back in is sufficient. Sometimes you need to clear cache and cookies.

Your account is showing the red banner. I presume this has resolved itself, yes?

BTW, anyone with an account problem, whether related to subscription or anything else, is asked to pm me, here, or email me at luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org

Please don't start a thread, or, worse, bury a post in an existing thread, even this one. I probably won't see it. I only saw this one because someone reported vinylisfinal's post.

Thanks for the support.

Bump for those looking for info on subscribing. Thanks

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom