Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Discussion in 'AK News' started by Grumpy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Bratwurst7s

Bratwurst7s In The Frying Pan Subscriber

I must be particularly dense. I managed to find the account upgrade page and it tells me that I am a subscriber, and when that status runs out, but can't find any way to renew my subscription now/early. Do I have to wait for my current subscription to run out to be able to renew?

Thanks, and thanks to the Admins and Mods for running a great site.
    James

2. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Nikki's gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Staff Member Admin Subscriber

You might have to wait to get closer. I don't know, because I don't always see the same AK as members do. If you have problems renewing, pm me, here, and I will get you sorted out.
    Thanks

3. Bratwurst7s

Bratwurst7s In The Frying Pan Subscriber

Thanks, I'll wait a week+ and see what happens.

Cheers,
    James

4. jimbofish

jimbofish for TRULY GREAT MUSIC

Two questions:
    Is it possible to pay for a subscription for someone else as a Xmas gift?

Is there an updated list of Subscriber benefits? With the new forum software it appears that some of what's listed in post #1 may now be unavailable, irrelevant, or there may be new features.

5. classic carl

classic carl Got Vinyl? Subscriber

A PM to luvvinvinyl will get your questions answered.

6. suitekids

suitekids AK Subscriber Subscriber

The wealth of information I have learned has been priceless, 25 bucks is a small price to pay for knowledge and enjoyment at the same time, just wondering how long it takes to get subscriber status after you pay??

7. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Thank you all so much for your support. Hope you all enjoy your subscriptions.

Grumpy

8. luvvinvinyl

Okay, I have been getting emails from folks who get notified by Paypal that they paid their subscription to AK, but no update to their account.

"What gives?" you may ask.

Well, if you had an autorenew set up under the old software, Paypal doesn't know that we changed, and the old link no longer upgrades your account.

"What do I do?"

Go into your paypal, under My Money, and head to the My Pre-approved Payments section. Delete the audiokarma pre-approved payment. Audiokarma cannot do this for you. Only you can change your settings in paypal.

When we get a new autorenew, you will be able to select it, and not worry about your subscription running out.

As always, if you have any problems with your subscription or any AK account issues, pm me, here, or email me at luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org Please don't wait, hoping for a miracle of healing. Your account won't fix itself. On the other hand, I want you to have the benefits that your subscription fee covers.

Thanks for the support.

9. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

It was time.

10. luvvinvinyl

Thanks for the support.

11. suitekids

suitekids AK Subscriber Subscriber

In my case, I hit the wrong button to subscribe/upgrade, fortunately I had luvvinvinyl to the rescue, he was able to fix it and all is fine now, he explained where and how to do it next year and its a piece of cake from there, he was gracious and understanding and fixed it within 2 minutes.....Thanks...Dan

12. Dual

Dual Active Member

posted in error

13. OlyDan

OlyDan Member

Is AK now an all pay site? Do I have to be a subscriber to post? I have posted a couple of items in the last few days and the posts are not showing as being posted.

14. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Nope and it never will be. Audiokarma is and will remain a free site. What folks are talking about here is upgrading their accounts to subscriber status. You get more "perks" that way.

I see you have many posts under your profile http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?members/olydan.59703/ Maybe the posts your looking for are there.

Thanks
    Grumpy

15. OlyDan

OlyDan Member

Thanks Grumpy for the reply. I see that I have been able to make a recent post. Must have been a glitch in my computer.

16. Grumpy

Glad to hear. If you, or anyone else ever has problems with their accounts feel free to write me at grumpy @ audiokarma.org or Private Message AK Admin Luvvinvinyl

Thanks
    Grumpy

17. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

My subscription runs out on Valentine's Day and I see no way to re up on the page Grumpy linked. I would like to do so while I still have a few dollars. Could someone point me where I need to fo to do this? It sems odd to bug a Mod when you should be able to do so yourself. I was also interested in what a site sponsorship costs if one could afford it, I see no info on how to do it

18. jimi55

jimi55 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am having the same problem. I don't know how to renew. Don't see the link.

19. luvvinvinyl

pm sent

Use the PAY button, and send me your email, and I will take care of it.

thanks

20. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Regarding re-subscribing - if you are already a subscriber, I haven't checked whether this has been described before, if it has my apologies.

When you see that your subscription is soon to expire don't worry, just wait for it to expire, and the system will send you an alert message (the following day in my case) saying one of your account upgrades (!) has expired. Click on the alert, which will automatically launch the Paypal page (if you have this as your payment method I guess?) - then simply follow the instructions for payment on the Paypal site - simple.

I retained my nice red banner through all of this process :D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    HarmanKardon likes this.