Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Discussion in 'AK News' started by Grumpy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Regarding re-subscribing - if you are already a subscriber, I haven't checked whether this has been described before, if it has my apologies.

When you see that your subscription is soon to expire don't worry, just wait for it to expire, and the system will send you an alert message (the following day in my case) saying one of your account upgrades (!) has expired. Click on the alert, which will automatically launch the Paypal page (if you have this as your payment method I guess?) - then simply follow the instructions for payment on the Paypal site - simple.

I retained my nice red banner through all of this process :D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad Subscriber

That's been my experience over the years: subscription expires, I'm notified, I (re)subscribe, I am back @ full access and the subscriber's red banner.

Sure, you might miss a day or two of BAP and BT, but once back in, you find you (usually) didn't miss much (sure, the occasional "interesting" thread that's been locked up), but you can catch up w/ everything that's remained intact.

Hyperion likes this.
  3. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Admin Staff Member Admin Subscriber

We used to get several days notice, but I can't find where to change that in XF. Now the notice is down to a couple of hours, and you only see that if you are watching and waiting for it.

4. vinylisfinal

vinylisfinal AK Subscriber Subscriber

i re-subscribed but it still states i have insufficient access to barter town?

5. luvvinvinyl

Usually, logging out and back in is sufficient. Sometimes you need to clear cache and cookies.

Your account is showing the red banner. I presume this has resolved itself, yes?

BTW, anyone with an account problem, whether related to subscription or anything else, is asked to pm me, here, or email me at luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org

Please don't start a thread, or, worse, bury a post in an existing thread, even this one. I probably won't see it. I only saw this one because someone reported vinylisfinal's post.

Thanks for the support.

6. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Bump for those looking for info on subscribing. Thanks

Grumpy

7. Decotriumph

Decotriumph AK Subscriber Subscriber

Subscribed! Thanks for providing this forum. It has already been of help to me and I'm just getting started!

Grumpy likes this.
  8. GordonW

GordonW Speakerfixer Subscriber

Hey- I am planning to re-up online for the first time (I always had sent in checks in the past).

However, I am now wondering- is it possible to pay online with a M/C, if I don't have a Paypal account myself?

Also, are we still at the couple hours warning when the subscription expires? Fortunately, mine expires on a Sunday, when I can probably be on it pretty readily...

Regards,
    Gordon.

9. dnpainting

dnpainting AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi Gordon,
    If I remember correctly, you don't need a PayPal account to send $, only to receive it.

10. Brian C

Brian C AK Subscriber Subscriber

Having trouble renewing my subscription, if I go under my Account Upgrades I do not find anything that says Subscriptions.

Please advise
    Thanks

11. merlynski

merlynski AK Subscriber Subscriber

Excellent investment, superb site, great group!! I'm in.......

12. luvvinvinyl

Just a couple of words to our subscribers

Thanks, very much, for the support.

The Account Upgrades section of your profile panel holds the renewal link, but it does not appear until very close to your expiry time. Think hours rather than days. (Yeah, I know, but I haven't found any way to extend the time. Yet.)