subwoofer help

vince1272

need help geting my sub to work. have an active sony sub hooked up to the "sub out" of a sony strde595. It is going to the input of the subwoofer. The "sub on" is selected on the receiver, and i cant get any sound from the woofer. any ideas? thanks!

Subs power cord plugged into the wall? Did you check the level of the subs volume on the receiver? Sub is on in receiver but are you using a mode that supports the sub? As in 2 channel stereo might not use the sub and 5.1 would.

Crossover on sube turned all the way to the highest, level on sub set to the 12 0'clock position, phase switch, sub level on receiver set properly, cable good?, is the sub turning on when a signal present (some subs have a auto turn on), I can't think of anything else besides what Thor said.

g

The only thing I can think of is the cable im using. Its just a standard long rca cable. Can the cable make that much of a difference in this situation? thanks

Can the cable make that much of a difference in this situation?

Only if it's broken. Can you check it with an ohmmeter or some other continuity tester? If it's open, there's your problem.

Offhand, everything seems to be set up correctly

Is this subwoofer new to you?

Back
Top Bottom