Suddenly getting constant script errors.

true, but if i were trying to acquire a hoard of gear or liquidate one, i would think bartertown would be the place to do it....i mean unless want to get stacks and stacks of ill-treated entry-level gear.
You didn't want to spend a dime when you got here...LOL

perhaps i am biased because i went to that one SMACdown at Grumpy's, and Mrs. Grumpy did so much baking it was an affront to the lord......
Then this^^
Now your out of control, and a mac owner at that....:rflmao:

I do like how your not resistant to growing and trying new things out, that's the hobby. That why we see some awesome massive rooms built with great gear in them. People take one look and piff, rich guy, when in reality most of the time, it's the guy that works hard pinching their pennies with a goal in mind. It's time and money invested and the growth process making the decision as to how much of investment one could do.

Anyway we're getting onto another rant that's off topic from the original rant>>>:D
Nah,at this point after reading some of those other threads you posted in I'm begining to see how this all seems to be playing out.

I just did'nt want this to be another "get rid of that >>>insert OS and/or browser here<<< and you'll be fine" threads.

And for the record,I'm not against ad blockers,it's just that I can get the same basic net effect w/o the added software.
(ie: I can put a strong leash on scripts and make-do if/when I need to)
Which is part of the reason I dont wanna change my OS or browser right now.
As changing either usually means completely re-learning everything all over YET AGAIN.

This thread can go where-ever folks want it to go now,even if ya'll wanna skewer me alive for being a bit of a @ss here,LOL.
For one thing I did'nt know it was Google ads running the show w/regards to the banner ads here so I guess AK is off the hook.
And now I can see others HAVE had similar issues,that answers that deal as well.

I gotta figure there will be lots more advertising driven drama in the innerwebz future.
Big stretch for a prediction there eh...

Bret P.

You didn't want to spend a dime when you got here...LOL

Then this^^
Now your out of control, and a mac owner at that....:rflmao:

I do like how your not resistant to growing and trying new things out, that's the hobby. That why we see some awesome massive rooms built with great gear in them. People take one look and piff, rich guy, when in reality most of the time, it's the guy that works hard pinching their pennies with a goal in mind. It's time and money invested and the growth process making the decision as to how much of investment one could do.

oh, i dunno, for me it's just a question of value, there are plenty of things i would like, but i don't think they're worth the price, and certainly, while i do OK, money is not an unlimited resource. i was looking at a stone plinth for my thorens recently, and while it's damn cool, and i want it, it'll be $800 before it arrives at my door, and i don't see how it could possibly sound better than an $800 cartridge, so i'm not buying it.

actually, i'm starting to discover that it's more fun to putter with this stuff and hunt for bargains than it is to just plunk down cash on new gear. doing research on old tech, setting up ebay searches, etc. this McIntosh kinda fell into my lap, an old guy who needed cash and so i got it for a reasonable price. i saved some cash refinishing the cab, and paid handsomely to have it recapped and LED kit installed.

I agree here, lets het you into a great MC cart.

What you didn't get my bill in the mail yet...:p
i'll have to upgrade the phono stage too - but some day, possibly. I have a really nice Nagaoka cart on there that i'm really happy with, it sounds amazing as far as i can tell.

plan is to do some upgrades of my own to the thorens - i have some new springs for its suspension, and i wanted to repaint the suspended chassis, as it kinda needs it...i was also thinking about making a hardwood armboard, just gathering some tools and materials so that i can pull it all apart once.

Back
Top Bottom