Suggestions for 2010

Retro touched on something I just barely did. If there is a company you would like to see at the fest, please by all means tell that company. They do not all ways believe me when I say their customers are requesting their presence. In this economy companies listen to their customers for sure. :yes:

Grumpy

Sent notes this morning to PSB, Totem, Gersham, Cousins Vinyl, a contact at Big Georges in AA (Gallo and Focal) and Dearborn Music requesting they check out AK and 2010 AK fest.

Last edited:
Sent notes this morning to PSB, Totem, Gersham, Cousins Vinyl, a contact at Big Georges in AA (Gallo and Focal) and Dearborn Music requesting they check out AK and 2010 AK fest.

Very cool. Now we need to get others to help.

I emailed quicksilver and they said no. Its too bad because I have seen their gear and it is impressive but I never heard it. Next year I also got permission to buy a new set up.

Lets try sending them a few more messages to see if they will get on board.

I got the same no reply from PSB. I am going to hound them again after the Rockey Mountain show hoopla dies down.

Was even thinking of Hounding Audio Adviser as they are Michigan based and carry PSB.

I emailed quicksilver and they said no. Its too bad because I have seen their gear and it is impressive but I never heard it. Next year I also got permission to buy a new set up.

Lets try sending them a few more messages to see if they will get on board.

That is a shame. They make some superb gear. We do have one local dealer who reps for them and sometimes he does have their equipment at the show.

I got the same no reply from PSB. I am going to hound them again after the Rockey Mountain show hoopla dies down.

Was even thinking of Hounding Audio Adviser as they are Michigan based and carry PSB.

Not a bad idea. In all my years of approaching these companies I have found that contacting them very near to other show dates can be very hit or miss. Its a very hectic time for them preparing for up and coming shows.

The key here is to be very persistent. Remember if these companies do not hear from potential customers ( us ) that they will never know about us. Thanks again for all who are helping.

I didn't see him listed here, but I would love to see Roger Modjeski attend Ak Fest with his Music Reference designs!

Others already mentioned include Klaus Bunge from Odyssey Audio and Mike Sanders from Quicksilver Audio

Quicksilver and Odyssey should have gotten their invitations to attend a couple of days ago. Will update everyone as news becomes available. Thanks

Grumpy

Who to have at AKFEST 2010

I love the suggestions on Madisound, parts express etc. I vote for:

Klipsch
Greg Roberts and his VTRAC Klipschorn upgrade
Al Klappenberger with his ALK stuff
Musicdirect and other music distributors

Companies that make good DACs.

Audiokinesis - posted inquiry in Duke's Audiocircle forum
GR Research - posted inquiry in Danny's Audiocircle forum
Emerald Physics

Legacy was in but had to back out. Shame I love their speakers.

Back
Top Bottom