Suggestions for upgrading my turntable and going wireless

CincyVinyl

I am looking to upgrade my turntable. I have a decent all in one but would like to go component. My big goal is to be able transmitting to bluetooth speakers around the house because I cannot run wires.

I am looking for suggestions. Ideally I would like an external preamp or a receiver that will stream to bluetooth. All the preamps/receivers I have seen online will receive incoming bluetooth streaming like from a cell phone but not transmit to 4 bluetooth speakers. Many of the bluetooth transmitters only allow you to transmit to 1 or 2 speakers.

I have seen the turntables that transmit bluetooth but I don't want that all in one device. I want the ability to stream from other devices and upgrade components without losing my bluetooth connection.

I am also looking for a fully automatic turntable under $500. Fully automatic because I like to leave my records playing while I cook or do things around the house.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Run a line out from your stereo into a Bluetooth transmitter and pair it with Bluetooth speakers. Pretty easy to do.

The bluetooth transmitters I have seen including the link above only allow 1-2 speakers. I need 4. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Getting two speakers to stay in sync with a digitally packetized radio signal is a difficult engineering feat. Upping the game to four seems like asking for trouble. Wires are our friends.

Welcome to AK!

:)

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep my turntable ("decent one") for when you sit down to do serious listening (if there is such a thing for you).
I'd get a Sonos product (uses WIFI) and subscribe to a streaming service which would provide you with access to more titles than I'm sure you have in your collection.
If you have eclectic or rare vinyl not available to stream, you can rip it to a hard drive and still access it through SONOS.

BTW-No affiliation with SONOS or any streaming services. What I described is how I do it.

Welcome to AK.

I just went through the same journey in terms of upgrading my Sony PS-T3 turntable. There are decks within your budged that might appear more expensive, but their performance and reliability is sub par.

There are many here that would tell you that you need to spend at least $1200 in order to buy a decent entry turntable if purchased new. Since I am not an audiophile, I disregarded that statement and bought several decks of dubious quality: Fluance RT81, Denon 300F, AKAI BT500 and UTurn Custom which was the worst. I also auditioned Project Debut Carbon and Sony PSHX500, but finally ended getting a refurbished Denon DP1200 for $300.

What I am saying is that you can have a superior turntable for around $300 and then use the rest to get something that would stream the music.

Hope this helps.

Best

Thanks everyone, your suggestions are really helping me narrow it down. I am still on the hunt for a decent sub-$500 turntable.

Here is my current list
Sub-$500 fully automatic turntable
Receiver with some sort of wireless speaker
Wired speakers in my main room
Wireless in the other rooms

So what fully automatic turntable do you recommend under $500?

Back
Top Bottom