Sui time

fish mojo

I thought I would share my "little" Sansui system.
Receiver: Sansui G8700DB. I purchased this new while in the Navy in the Philippines in 1980. Even still have my receipt for $410. Incredible power and sound. I think this model doesn't get as much love as the G9000 or the big G22k/ G33k. At moderate to even loud listening levels, it's hard to believe the others would have any better sound.
IMG_0034_1.jpg

For Speakers, I have some beautiful and rare Sansui SP-5500 that I got from a fellow AK enthusiast. I have rotated many speakers in my time and finally have my lifetime speakers.
IMG_0035.jpg

I mostly listen to CD's through a Denon DCD-3520. This thing is a real tank at about 40 pounds of chassis hardware, metal case, and components. Great quality sound. I've been kicking around getting another turntable some day (have my eye out for a Sansui SR-929, 838, or a XR-Q5/7, but it's hard to justify buying more media when my CD player does such a great job. I also have a minty Sansui SS-50 headphone set in the original case. All in all, a sound system I love and am proud of. When I die, who gets it??? Not sure my adult kids would understand...
IMG_0033.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom