Suitable replacement for Marantz imperial 9 woofer

housemartin

Hi all. I was just gifted a 2240 receiver and pair of Imperial 9 speakers. One of the woofers is a car audio driver and all of the others need new foam. Is there an affordable new driver option that will preserve the original specs? I'm looking at some from PE that are 4ohms, 94.5db, and a perfect physical fit but I don't know the specs of the originals. Any input would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• 20160521_220511.jpg
    20160521_220511.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 34
If they are the same 12" woofer as the imperial 7 there is a pair of woofers on ebay right now

Whats the number on the drivers? I think I would source some Imperial 6 drivers before going with a generic......but of course it depends on how the 6's compare to the original.

I was thinking the same thing. I might order 4 of something else just to try them while I wait for a 10" Marantz to show up.

I'd really love to know what the rated spl/efficiency is of the original 10" drivers. That would help a ton in choosing potential replacement drivers.

I know this is an old post, but for reference, I found these woofers, the Klipsch 10" copy woofers, sold by Midwest Speaker Repair, works well. They are discounted if you buy four. First, they are a perfect fit. Secondly, the specs are close to the original CTS drivers. The efficiency is 94 db/meter, fo is 28 hz, Qts is .3. Use the 4 ohm model since the woofers are wired in series. Also, the Marantz Imperial 6 woofers are 8 ohms and won't work too well. In my Imperial 9 cabinets, they produce tight, very deep, natural bass. Unfortunately, I don't have have the original woofers to compare the sound.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom