Suitable Speakers for a Pioneer SX-1980

Idunno

Hi to you all,

I'm looking for some recommendations for suitable speakers for my Pioneer SX-1980.

The unit has just had a major overhaul. So it's going to sound factory fresh.
If anyone on this forum has a set up that includes an SX-1980 I would live to hear what you are listening through.

Thanks for your time with any recommendations.

Cheers! :beerchug:

It mostly depends on your taste. But that amp lends quite well to the west sound of the hpm line of pioneers speakers. The poor hippie that I am the hpm100 with some klh's were just fine. But you you definitely have the bigger amp that would definitely rock the higher grade selection of HPM's or even better the upper range of JBL's. I only have the L80t but the L250t are to behold or the43xx series studio monitors. Now on a more east coast sound you can't beat some AR's, Dynaco 25's.

I run Pioneer DSS-9 speakers with my SX-1980 and I think the combination is outstanding.

It mostly depends on your taste. But that amp lends quite well to the west sound of the hpm line of pioneers speakers. The poor hippie that I am the hpm100 with some klh's were just fine. But you you definitely have the bigger amp that would definitely rock the higher grade selection of HPM's or even better the upper range of JBL's. I only have the L80t but the L250t are to behold or the43xx series studio monitors. Now on a more east coast sound you can't beat some AR's, Dynaco 25's.

Thanks Jimrgrado,
Those L250T's look good. I'm keeping an eye out for them. The HPM's are very scarce here in the UK but again I'm looking out for a pair of 100's or 150's.
Thanks for your recommendations.

I run Pioneer DSS-9 speakers with my SX-1980 and I think the combination is outstanding.

Thanks Skylab,
I really like the look of those Pioneer DSS-9's!! They are currently my joint number one choice together with Pioneer HPM-150's.
I cannot currently locate a pair of DSS-9's and being in the UK I'm quite limited as to choices.
Still, I'm monitoring with fingers crossed.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom