Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

I will be at the shop around 9:30 AM.
I need help with cooking. Spikedart has been a great help with this in the past, hopefully he can again.
I need help with traffic control. I have signs that will help with this, and would ask that someone see me about it.
I am frail and intend to spend most of my time sitting down. You folks will have to shift for yourselves.

Frank C.
Hi Frank,
We will have you covered! I will be there at 10am. Will get the parking cones out and get the food started. Just make sure the Concept is warmed up up!

Bah! @GD70 I just plugged in the Braun LV1020 and one of them is misbehaving. The shootout will have to wait for another Fest.

I'll come equipped with some HHA speakers and a nice tube integrated to mess with.

See youse all tomorrow!

Bah! @GD70 I just plugged in the Braun LV1020 and one of them is misbehaving. The shootout will have to wait for another Fest.

I'll come equipped with some HHA speakers and a nice tube integrated to mess with.

See youse all tomorrow!
Gah! Well have fun regardless!

Adam, I have a present/project for you. You may have it or not. but it is old and funky and yours if you wish.

Should be fun! With any luck, I'll be able to bring my Mc gear this time around for a nice listening session. Just fixed up my 'new' MI-3 "maximum performance indicator", which should make for a nice 'light show' along with the MC2505 and C26. Here it is parsing some Donald Fagen from an iPod:
mi3_running.jpg

In case anyone was curious, I'd like to bring a system for everyone to experience.

Vic recently went through my Apt Holman Preamp and powered Braun LV1020 Monitors. The Brauns are a rare set of speakers with an incredibly rich and powerful sound. And they accomplish this with onboard amplification and EQ that's neither overly complicated, nor overly powerful.

If folks are interested, I'd like to set this up in a cozy corner for critical listening, preferably not the swap meet area. (Any basement space?)

Ahh. I have had my Apt Holman for over 30 years. Best one so far. Drove my 2 dynaco 400's into Ohm F's for years. Now it feeds one of Frank's Crown DC300A's, into Ohm 3's.

Can you burn discs on-site? I have 5 live Rush discs for you to copy. My two burners died this spring.
I live down the street from 01510 Walgreens and I could get it done if need be.
Very short hair, wearing a Daryl The Decorator t-shirt.

spoilers

Last edited:
I am so bummed I'll be missing this summer fest at Frank's - - it's always a wonderful gathering and I always enjoy the drive on the back roads past the reservoir and the diner, etc. Plus, Clinton's finally got a nice little coffee shop on the main drag!

Many thanks to Frank for hosting so many of these get-togethers. Frank is the most interesting fellow and has always been the most gracious and generous host. Also, many thanks to Jim and several other regulars for all of their organizational commitment to make these events happen.

For those of us who are unable to attend, please post plenty of pics of gear and people and food - - ya know, the whole scene.

Hi all,

I am sad to say that I won't be able to make it today either. Just was not able to work it out with the kiddos (newborn and a just-turned-two-year-old) and work.

Thanks so much to Frank for being such a kind and gracious host over the years. It's always been such a great time meeting up for this get together in Clinton and I will miss it being there. Cheers to Frank!!

Jim: I will PM you about the shirt (both getting you the $ and my address so that you can mail it to me). Thanks so much for ordering these!

Finally, LexDm3 or Stephanie, if you can, I would be much indebted if you could add my name to Don's bday card or give him my best when you see him. I hope that he is doing as well as possible and I wish him peace, many congrats on turning 60, and gratitude for being such a great AKer and an all around warm and swell guy!!

Last edited:
Where/when was the picture? And what room? Clearly missed all that :( but maybe its because I was there 12 to 1?

Nice enough show, couldn't get near a record bin. I left with delusions of Jim's AU-505 bouncing around my brain, but really
the unit isn't big enough for me.

Saw a Bose 901 Series 1 EQ in the sold pile near the door, but no 901's in sight...hope the gent that was here looking for one got it.

As I we were walking in, there was a pair of vintage Wharfedales sitting on the dock, do not know if they were going in or out...looked
very nice, with the EQ knobs on top...

Oh, and thanks for the shirts, Jim...sadly, perfect fit (XL), for both my son and I...nice work!

Someone left 2 HK tuners on the free pile - which I grabbed.
If they weren't supposed to be free let me know, otherwise I've got an intriguing new project.

Yet another great event and very well attended for a summer GTG.

A big thank you to Frank for hosting us once again - your years of contributions to the fraternity of us whacky audio enthusiasts is greatly appreciated.
You have touched the heart and soul of us all and it is a wonderful thing.

To those who where unable to attend but ordered T-Shirts I will contact you about how to pay and I'll mail them off to you.

As I've discussed with many of you I'd like to continue the FrankenFest tradition.

My vision is to find a location like a VFW lodge or similar somewhere between Sturbridge and Hartford where we could hold future events.
I think that location would be closer for some and only slightly further for others.

Everyone would probably have to chip in 5-10 bucks each though, which I'm certain wouldn't be an issue.

With the success of the T-Shirt project in thinking for the next event we'll get either sweatshirts or polo shirts - cost would be about $15 each for those.

I'll do some research and start a new post regarding the Fall GTG.

Also, I'm going to give some of the profits from the T-Shirt sales to the "Kegger fund" (he was recently killed in a horrific auto accident and his parents seriously injured) and the balance to AK.

Thanks again to all who've contributed to this great event!

Jim, you did a nice job on the t-shirts and its greatly appreciated ;)

My vote...if it matters, is for long sleeve polo shirts next time 'round, with a small logo...and NOTHING on the back.

As for those tuners, I can only comment :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom