Sunday Tunes

iHeart - vinyl jazz.jpg

Morning all -

This showed up as a recommendation in the iHeart Radio web app, so I'm trying it. Will be interested to see if iHeart's bankruptcy improves the company any; I read a piece this week that opined iHeart will get smaller, shed some stations, and will have to go into the business of actually trying to serve the communities where it remains. Believe it when I see it.

Anyway, it's 19 degrees here now, there's still snow on the ground, but winter is being dislodged, one 40 degree day at a time.

s.

The Beach Boys - Endless Summer

Technics SL-1200MKII > Audio-Technica 440mlb > Yamaha C-2x > Sony MDR-V6

40114200335_38b9148bda_o.jpg

Some Devil / Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Live at...

Dave Matthews

2003 RCA 82876 56197 2

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

I’m playing this very album, now how likely is that?
The best band from Ontario that never made it big.

Maybe the best Canadian -- and certainly PSYCH variety -- band that never made it big. In their time. Their debut and only LP became a hotly-sought artifact of the 1960s since the mid 1990s and continues to be so.

Maybe the best Canadian -- and certainly PSYCH variety -- band that never made it big. In their time. Their debut and only LP became a hotly-sought artifact of the 1960s since the mid 1990s and continues to be so.
“Sought after” original LP is for sale on eBay for $2,250.00 Canadian.

“Sought after” original LP is for sale on eBay for $2,250.00 Canadian.

Cripes, that's ~10x more expensive than the copy when I grabbed an original LP from a dealer's list in the mid 1990s. Never hesitate, that's the rule in rare record collecting.

Hello gents!

What's shaking BBG?

Verdi

Four Sacred Pieces
Swedish Radio Chorus and Stockholm Chamber Choir
Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra ~ Arleen Auger
Riccardo Muti
-EMI-

IMG_8717_zpsar2bx46k.jpg

Think I'll stick with digital on this one. :(

As have I for the last (nearly) two decades. Te LP is too dear to spin. I had an analogue rip that sorta stuck and was effin' glad when the thing was (officially) reissued on CeeDee by a new (Lion?) label. That's the only copy I've listened to since ~ 2000-2001.

PS: similar story re: so many effin' LPs in my collection: find THE DIGITAL ALTERNATIVE and play that copy.

Back
Top Bottom