Sunday Tunes

P5217935.jpg

SPEAKING OF NOW
Pat Metheny
Pat Metheny Group

Warner Bros.

Fleetwood Mac - “Then Play On”

I will never forget the first time I spun my UK-release copy of this LP, it was around 1970, not long after the thing had been released, copy courtesy of an older cousin. I thought gosh, these cats sound like the local (South Side of Chicago) musicians of our neighbourhood.

I will never forget the first time I spun my UK-release copy of this LP, it was around 1970, not long after the thing had been released, copy courtesy of an older cousin. I thought gosh, these cats sound like the local (South Side of Chicago) musicians of our neighbourhood.
It was still Peter Green’s band, but already they’re pulling away from the Blues.

It was still Peter Green’s band, but already they’re pulling away from the Blues.

The result of Green's pulling away and Kirwan's increasing influence @ the songwriting. Sorry early FM fans but Kirwan proved w/ time to be no Bluesman.

Also no geetar outta Spencer on that LP; he plunked a few piano notes @ RS Pt 2 and that was it. None of his "Elmore" styled slide anywhere on that LP IIRC.

In homage to a pair of friends -- brothers in fact -- whom we lost in the fall of 2012:

The Grateful Dead
The Hollywood Sportatorium
Hollywood, FL
22 May 1977

Adele - 25

I’ve found it a real challange to get “Hello” to sound bearable on most systems. When you get it right, her voice control comes across as very remarkable.

P4107862.jpg

ELEMENTS
Fire - Earth - Water - Air (a mother-daughter-project)
Marthe Perl - Irish Traditional - Antonio Soler - Michel Farinel - Marin Marais - Tobias Hume - Richard Sumarte - John Dowland - Thomas Ford - Francis Poulenc
Hille Perl - viola da gamba
Marthe Perl - viola da gamba, treble viol

Deutsche Harmonia Mundi

P9167460.jpg

ASHORE
June Tabor - voice
Andy Cutting - diatonic accordion
Mark Emerson - viola, violin
Tim Harries - double bass
Huw Warren - piano

Topic

Back