Super Bowl 2018

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by Ilikevinyl, Feb 2, 2018.

?

Pick Your Superbowl 2018 Team

Poll closed Feb 4, 2018.
  1. Philadelphia Eagles

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. New England Patriots

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. cartop

cartop Well-Known Member

Patriots against everybody. GO PATS.........Blits for Six...............:beerchug:

Rockyhill likes this.
  2. skraggs

skraggs Active Member

Rooting for the Patriots, partly because I really dislike the Eagles, mostly because I absolutely admire #12.

I mean, dislike the Patriots as much as you want (although I think the whole cheating thing gets massively overblown), but you gotta love a good cinderella story and if this guy

[​IMG]

can win 5, maybe 6 (or even more) Super Bowls and marry one of the hottest women alive, anything is possible. That guy is a monster mentally and to me the greatest athlete of all time besides Federer and Gretzky.

3. Dave1384

Dave1384 Stuck in the 70's

I have little interest in professional sports anymore. I am rooting for Foles though , an easy guy to support. If he has a bad game, they will villify him. Eagles fans are moronic. The talk shows, whenever you tune one in, they are screaming.

4. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

Ditto...Don't give a sh*t one way or the other.

a_retent and jwrauch like this.
  5. Boozehound

Boozehound AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just won 250.00$ square/pool from work, I don't care who wins really just as long as I get paid.:banana:
    9 -3 Philly, First quarter.

Best-

Boozehound

avionic likes this.
  6. JimPA

JimPA Distinguished Member

I thought the only way the Eagles would get to the Super Bowl would be if they had bought tickets LOL.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  7. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

Captain Scully, please report to the flight deck. Apparently a bird strike has occurred.

Congrats to the Eagles for the win, and what a hell of a game!!!

Ilikevinyl, Andyman and Boozehound like this.
  8. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

YES,YES,YES ! All the butt kissing talking heads are going to be doing a lot of hand wringing for awhile.

9. Rockyhill

Rockyhill "I rarely rip CDs but when I do, I rip to FLAC" Subscriber

Good game. Congrats to Eagles.

Ilikevinyl likes this.
  10. a_retent

a_retent Daddy's little shadow Subscriber

Amen brother! I'm happy all this Super Bowl shit is over again for another year. Even the damned local news stopped reporting in depth and just reads the highlights from AP so they can spend more time talking about Super Bowl events.

11. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

The half time show was also pretty lame. Some of the commercials OK but most were .....:thumbsdown:

12. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Very happy for Foles. I always though he was a good QB and this win is the break he needs. I thought he got a raw deal from Chip Kelly. Jeff Fisher can't coach or develop QB's so Foles' poor showing with the Rams should not be held against him. (Fisher had Case Keenum, Jared Goff, and Foles on the 2016 team and went 4-9 before getting fired.) And then Foles replaces the injured Wentz and wins the Super Bowl. Hopefully, Foles will go to a good team with a good coach so he can start. Foles with the Jags would make them instant S.B. favorites.

13. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Last year's half time show was much better.

14. BillJGW

BillJGW AK Subscriber Subscriber

I haven't watched the NFL for a couple or 3 years now but I'm really glad the Eagles won. Absolutely can't stand Brady or Belichick.

Ilikevinyl likes this.
  15. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Damn straight! I've never understood why so many coaches don't coach to the strength of their players (particularly QB's) rather than force them to fit within the coaches pet system. Foles is a bad dude in a run pass option offense.

16. Ilikevinyl

Ilikevinyl Cool Breeze Subscriber

I remember seeing that photo. Really miss the Brett Farve years of football, those were the days! Go Pack Go!

Andyman likes this.
  17. Ilikevinyl

Ilikevinyl Cool Breeze Subscriber

Congrats to the Eagles!! :banana: What an ending!

18. Hyfi

Hyfi Super Member

I won the second quarter with the most unlikely of numbers never seen before in a super bowl, 2 and 2 for the 22 to 12 score.

ETLS and Boozehound like this.