Super Budget...

It sounded like crap through the right channel until I Deoxited it. First thing I did was put on Steely Dan Babylon Sisters and Aja through the Pinnacle AC850s. Sounds pretty awesome.

It sounded like crap through the right channel until I Deoxited it. First thing I did was put on Steely Dan Babylon Sisters and Aja through the Pinnacle AC850s. Sounds pretty awesome.

I have an A-960 and it sounds crisp and clear right up to max volume. Thats the one thing I like about Yamaha gear, push them to the limits and distortion is almost nill.

My unit had a bad phono section that took me months to repair. But we got it done !!

Glad your liking your A-560

I really like the looks of the smaller integrated amps from that era. I saw an AX-300 a few days ago, and had I not known what the "AX" meant, I would've guessed it was a high-end preamp. That's something I like about the Yamaha brand in general, they seem to put nearly as much effort into the lower-end models of the line as they do the top ones.

That whole A-x60 line is IMO some of the nicer-looking stuff they've made.

I have that same CD player, I believe; can't see the model number but it looks exactly the same as mine. I've enjoyed it a lot, although I don't care for the plastic fascia on the disc tray.

Last edited:
I have an AX-400u and a AX-900u as backups and for troubleshooting. The phono could be quieter on the 400u but it still sounds good with plenty of gain. The 900u is far better (I think there are blackgates inside) but the phono is tough to keep clean and I think there may be a little hum when using it. The pre and main can also be decoupled on the 900u. They are nice stopgaps when other components need to go to the shop. The AX-400u came bundled with a CDX-400u but I can't find any info on it and it probably needs a recap (doesn't sound nearly as good as when I used it in college years ago). The CDX-400u was really fussy about which discs it would read even only a few years after I got it.

Back
Top Bottom